Java Trading Systems Developer - Securities Trade Processing Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
About the team
We are the engine room that powers the Global Markets Division by enabling our clients to buy and sell financial products, raise funding and manage risk. We make markets and facilitate client transactions in fixed income, equity, currency and commodity products on exchanges worldwide and our technology is driving industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration on an incredible scale!
How will you make the difference?
In our team you will have opportunity to:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Work on a greenfield project aiming to re-architect equity trading post-execution stack on a low-latency/zero-GC based platform to provide scale, resiliency and faster time to market of new features to drive growing business and client demand.
- Gain experience in building mission-critical, stream processing systems which process large volumes of trades with minimal latencies.
The heart of the platform is called "Atlas" which is a scalable messaging backbone which ensures rapid and reliable distribution of messages to a horizontally scalable set of processing nodes. These nodes provide functional processing, interfaces to upstream and downstream systems and user workflow.
- Be part of agile, self-organized global team, and work closely with the global business and technical colleagues to deliver value to clients and business
- Learn technology stack and paradigms such as: low-latency/zero-GC Java, messaging (e.g. Kafka), Agrona, financial markets protocols (e.g. FIX, SWIFT), event-driven architecture, event sourcing, actor-based programming, distributed caching (Apache Ignite), NoSQL (MongoDB), React JS (front-end)
Who are we looking for?
- Experienced Core Java Developer
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Automation & Robotics, Physics)
- Self-motivating individual with strong problem solving and analytical skills, attention to detail and focus on quality
- Working experience with storage technologies (NoSQL databases, distributed caching)
Nice to have:
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience in messaging technologies: Kafka, Rabbit MQ, JMS etc.
- Familiarity with design aspects of high-throughput systems
- Experience in building distributed real-time and transaction processing systems would be an advantage
- Interest and/or knowledge of financial markets would be an advantage
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity