Operations-Margin and Collateral Operations Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you looking to apply your quantitative skills while deepening your understanding of margin process for various products?
Our Collateral Management team is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with Clients, Credit risk, Sales, Controllers, traders, strategists and structurers to mitigate risks associated with the Collateral Management functions.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Collateral Management, part of Margin, Valuations & Pricing Operations sits within the Goldman Sachs Global Markets Division. A global, multi-faceted and cross product function, the primary objective of the department is the mitigation of counterparty credit risk through the active monitoring of clients' derivative and securities financing portfolios. Collateral Management is a global function, with regions in Salt Lake City, New York, London, Frankfurt, Bangalore, Singapore, and Warsaw working closely together. The team has a rare opportunity to support products and business ranging from foreign exchange, commodities, credit, equity, interest rates, repo, insurance/pensions and bespoke structured derivatives and arrangements. The team manages a wide range of complex processes, with members developing skills and competencies around derivative & security products and their respective business areas, legal agreements, technology flows and regulations.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- An Associate within Collateral Management will primarily be focused on the mitigation of counterparty credit risk through performance of a number of operational processes, including approvals, margin and payments processing, and being a leader within the team.
- Associates will be expected to perform these functions as well as demonstrating innovation and a proactive approach, highlighting inefficiencies, risks and implementing improvements.
- Extensive interaction with clients and close partnership with a wide range of areas, including Credit Risk Management, Legal and Compliance, Sales, Trading, Risk Management and other Operations Departments
- We promote cross training and ensure our team members develop a broad level of understanding across the varied departmental functions carried out
- Take a leadership role within the team; develop a deeper understanding of complex transactions and work with our business partners to progress our business goals
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Bachelor's degree
- Proven track record of experience in the financial industry, including operational processes and leadership.
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity