Operations Change Delivery Project Management Team - Project Manager VP - Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Operations division partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation. Operations span all product lines and markets.
Regulatory & Control Strategy & Change (RCSC) is a global team that acts as a centre of project management excellence for the Operations division focusing on regulatory-related projects. RCSC plans and executes projects with significant regulatory risk and / or strategy implications, in partnership with various teams across Goldman Sachs. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Lead complex and high-priority projects and programs, and manage sponsors and stakeholders with competing priorities, resourcing levels and time constraints across all typical project phases:
- Project initiation and scoping, including definition of plans and setting and managing realistic expectations for successful delivery with project stakeholder
- Business analysis and requirements definition
- Testing and implementation, in particular user acceptance testing
- Ongoing project management and quality assurance throughout the project
- Build and manage relationships with key project stakeholders in Operations, Technology and Business
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Train, mentor and lead more junior team members
- Take part in shaping and communicating team's strategy
- Work with Operations business units to assess and streamline processes in order to mitigate risk or control issues and generate efficiencies
- Provide support and advice to Operations management and project teams on project management tools and methods
- Bachelors Degree
- 7-10 years of professional experience - required
- 5-7 years of project management experience - required
- Be a motivated, energetic leader
- Have a proven track record of scoping and driving delivery of complex projects/programs and achieving results independently on time and to budget including
- Strong analytical skills and project management technical skills
- Project scope definition
- Project issues, challenges, risks definition
- Status reporting
- Development of high quality deliverables
- Great organization skills - ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize accordingly and make decisions as required
- Attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure and to provide practical solutions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Ability to lead and work with project teams to help formulate the implications of a specific solution across the process, e.g. costs, risk, potential for re-use of services developed, etc.
- Ability to develop, communicate, and execute a compelling vision and strategy
- Demonstrated ability to work across products, regions and functions, preferably in the financial services industry
- Demonstrate excellent people management skills and ability to influence key stakeholders outside their direct control
- Be highly collaborative, team-oriented and strong consensus builder
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral
- Be a strategic thinker, able to lead project working groups, possessing strong facilitation, data gathering and analytical skills, and able to provide creative & innovative solutions
- Demonstrate understanding of Operations processes and procedures and an ability to learn quickly - knowledge of processes related to Operations, Regulatory Reporting or the Financial Services industry would be an advantage.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Visio and Sharepoint
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity