Regulatory Control Solutions & Change - Control Solutions Associate -Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We are looking for a professional individual who wants to apply their financial market knowledge and further develop their understanding of a growing sector of the financial markets at the heart of regulatory reform. With the continued high rate of change in the regulatory reporting space, Control Solutions professionals have the platform to significantly impact their environment and the wider business.
Our team is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with multiple stakeholders to improve the firm's compliance rates across various obligations. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Our team of critical thinkers partners with groups in all areas of the firm to perform financial analytics and reporting as well as data analytics and engineering. Our division also provides critical operations design and handles capital markets operations to ensure business flows smoothly across our global offices. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding the three Operations principles of client focus, process innovation and risk management.
We are a globally located team that exists to ensure that the firm fulfills a wide range of non-financial regulatory reporting obligations.
Regulatory Operations, with whom Control Solutions is partnered, is responsible for reporting to external stakeholders in the EMEA and other global regions, including the reporting and monitoring of trade, transaction and position information across a wide range of traded financial products and business. The characteristics of the team have to marry the firm's culture of teamwork and diligence with the nature of regulatory obligations: ever changing with a need for precision and fast turnaround.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Responsibilities include the following:
- Contribute to the execution of non-financial regulatory reporting obligations (e.g. MiFID, EMIR and other),
- Be part of a Team setting standards for regulatory reporting requirements implementation within the Firm and ensuring that these standards are met,
- Perform analysis on reporting anomalies, remediation and corrective actions working closely with respective Production, Remediation and Engineering teams ,
- Advise on regulatory risk and requirements to facilitate commercial activity,
- Analysis of internal client and external regulatory inquiries related to trade, transaction, position and client assets data,
- Enhance the reporting process by documenting requirements to address regulatory reports for remediation and production discrepancies ,
- Perform verification, validations and testing of the data provided by Engineering prior to submission,
- Actively participating in the development of the strategic control framework for Regulatory Operations
- Work collaboratively across multiple business lines and stakeholder groups in strategic initiatives across the global Regulatory Operations department
- Develop strong working relationships both internally including the Front Office and Middle Office Technology, Legal, Compliance and externally to support various reporting functions
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree with at least 3.5 years of experience in a global firm with Financial / Tech / Legal / Project Management background
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex work-flows paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Must have strong communication skills to clearly articulate issues and ideas, provide timely escalation
- Good interpersonal skills to build strong relationship with key stakeholders within and outside of Operations
- Good influencing skills to work with the Operations team in challenging the status quo and continuously enhancing the control environment required
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities within deadlines
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience in an Operations Control Environment
- Working knowledge about financial markets, regulatory landscape and associated processes
- Experience with regulatory reporting
- Working knowledge of financial products, e.g. equities, fixed income, exchange traded derivatives, OTC derivatives
- Working knowledge about project management and business analysis
- Working experience with operating on large data sets and BI tools (including SQL)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity