Risk - Risk Engineering - Credit Risk Analytics & Reporting - Vice President - Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm .
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW - RISK ENGINEERING
Risk Engineering (RE) is a central part of the Goldman Sachs risk management framework, with a responsibility to provide robust metrics, data-driven insights, and effective technologies for risk measurement and management. RE is staffed globally with offices including Dallas, New Jersey, New York, Salt Lake City, London, Warsaw, Frankfurt, Bengaluru, Singapore and Tokyo.
As a member of the RE team, you will interface with a variety of divisions around the firm. The interaction with numerous departments and the ensuing diverse projects allow for a challenging, varied and multi-dimensional work environment. As a member of the Analytics and Reporting Team within RE, you will play a key role in providing understanding of and insight into existing and emerging risks to the Firm, highlighting important and topical risk features, facilitating and informing risk management decisions, as well as certifying risk information for use in management, regulatory, and financial reporting. The group is responsible for employing the complete capabilities of Risk Engineering to maximize significance, quality, efficiency, speed, and reliability while ensuring clear accountability and attribution of the analytics produced. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities
- Analyse the risks inherent in the products GS transacts, including lending, trading and derivative products
- Assist in quantifying risk calculations for a large, diverse and complex risk portfolio. This involves designing, implementing and executing programmatic tools that query large data sets
- Understand and interpret the metrics generated by models in order to perform risk analysis
- Design and maintaining a set of controls that ensure the completeness and accuracy of quantitative measures
- Monitor, manage and report exposures at a counterpart, product and portfolio level
- Perform anomaly detections in large data sets, investigating the cause and recommending corrective actions
- Lead and motivate engaged and diverse local team, providing guidance to and supervision of junior members
- Interact with various other groups such as risk modellers, technology, trading desks and risk committees to explain the results of calculations and inform risk management decisions
- Interact with external regulators and industry bodies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Approximately 8 or more years of experience within a risk management role or other financial analytical backgrounds such as mathematics, physics, statistics or engineering
- Must be able to provide direction, training, motivation and career development coaching to an engaged and diverse local team
- Must foster a collaborative team environment with an open communication culture
- Technology aptitude and programming skills are a plus
- Experience or keen interest to develop expertise in derivative products and risk calculation methodologies
- Interest in financial markets and risk management, motivated by learning and continuous improvement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships remotely with people from different departments and levels of seniority
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Ability to work independently, form own judgment/opinions, provide insights and drive change
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity