Senior Software Developer - PIPG - Securitised Derivatives Strats
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Securitised Derivative Strats
Securitised Derivatives Strats are a team of engineers responsible for automation of the pricing and trading of equity structured products. We build the APIs and algorithms that provide fast and accurate automatic pricing in response to quote requests from our clients. We also build the platforms such as our client facing website, Marquee Structured Products through which that pricing is delivered. Our team is also responsible for automating the trading of structured products, building the platform that ensures that our trading workflow is fast, efficient and scalable. This year, we have started work on building out our data and analytics platforms with the aim of gleaming insights that will improve and optimise business performance.
Securitised Derivatives Strats have a global footprint with teams covering EMEA, Americas and APAC and have a strong track record of delivering automated solutions to our clients and sales. The structured products marketplace and infrastructure is constantly evolving with clients and issuers (including GS) investing heavily in more and more automation. So there has never been a better time to join this exciting and dynamic team. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Why join Securitised Derivative Strats?
Securitised Derivative Strats cover a wide range of functions and responsibilities. So you will have to opportunities to advance your career and knowledge through working on a variety of different functions and gaining exposure to a variety of different technologies depending on your strengths and preferences. You could be working on:
The build out of or data analytics platform, using technologies such as Python, Airflow, Presto, MongoDB, HDFS and Elastic Search to process, analyse and visualise the large amount of data we generate in order to help the business optimise performance
In all of these roles you will be:
- Designing and implementing the micro services based architecture that underpins our platform; using Java and Apache Kafka
- Automating the pricing and trading of structured derivative products providing fast and accurate prices in response to quote requests from sales and our clients.
- Design, build and optimise the algorithms, processes, systems and controls that support our automated pricing and trading flows.
We are looking to hire someone with:
- Work closely with sales, trading, and other engineering teams to build and support our automated pricing and trading systems.
- Be involved with all stages of the software development life cycle with a range of technologies, and collaborate closely with engineering teams who support the underlying infrastructure and frameworks.
Preferred but not essential qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience programming in an object oriented language such as Java, C# or Python
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDb and Elastic Search.
- Experience with Apache Kafka
- Knowledge and experience of microservices based architecture
- Knowledge and experience in building data and analytics platforms
- Knowledge or interest in trading technologies in the front-office of a trading organization
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity