Software Engineer - Corporate Treasury Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Corporate Treasury Organization Description:
Corporate Treasury Engineering team is looking for experienced software engineers with strong mathematical skills to work closely with Corporate Treasury business partners and help improve liquidity projections/optimizations, financial resource allocation and management, cash and collateral management and funds transfer pricing and execution strategy.
Corporate Treasury lies at the heart of Goldman Sachs, ensuring all the businesses have the appropriate level of funding to conduct their activities, while also optimizing the firm's liquidity and managing its risk and being part of the engineering team will expose you to everything that's important and happening the firm. The scale of the liquidity optimization and execution problem keeps us interested every day and we hope to share our enthusiasm and challenge with you. YOUR IMPACT:
Our Corporate Treasury Engineering team is a world leader in developing quantitative techniques and technological solutions that solve complex and commercial business problems. We partner with our firm's treasurer and businesses to implement a new strategic real-time liquidity platform. You will be involved in Front-to-back liquidity modelling on an event bus that provides a real-time operational liquidity platform.
In this role, you will be provided unique insight into the firm's business activities and asset strategy. You will be responsible for defining, developing software to analyze data, built metric calculators, automated tools to help business get insights into data, predict scenarios and perform better decision making to reduce interest expenses for the firm. This front to back model gives software developers a window into all aspects of CT planning and execution while working on cutting edge industrial technologies. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS How will you fulfill your potential?
- Translate business and technical requirements into well-engineered business applications based on object oriented design.
- Build global, high-class and testable full stack applications
- Interface with internal clients/end users and other development teams
- Participate in the full SDLC for software written with Java, SQL, RESTful web services, Kafka messaging and web UIs.
- Opportunity to work on No-SQL database, micro-services and AI Technologies
Nice To Have Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree
- 5 years of experience with object orientated programming (e.g. Java, Python)
- 5 years of experience of relation databases or no-sql databases
- Experience working in Agile environment; able to de-block and coach junior developers
- Experience of design complex business critical systems meeting highly available resiliency needs
- Strong analytical skills to perform complex functional and technical analysis
- Strong communication skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience in payments or liquidity management
- ES6/Typescript, a JS framework (e.g. React, Angular) and clear understanding of unit test frameworks (e.g. Jest, Sinon, Jasmine, etc)
- Experience with messaging and event streaming systems (e.g. Kafka)
- Experience with web application frameworks (e.g. Spark)
- Experience in Big Data and Machine Learning
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity