As one of the top suppliers to our client, a prestigious bank in Basel, Swisslinx are looking for a highly motivated Business Analyst with solid experience gathering complex requirements to enhance back office processes in the banking industry to work on a banking transformation program running for the next 4+ years.
This is a rolling contract (with possibility to extend for up to five years) role in Basel, Switzerland, initially running for 6 to 12 months.
Joining a highly professional and highly collaborative cross functional team managing our client's trading platforms, in this newly created role you will help enhance process for fixed income trading and Back Office activities.
The person will be hands-on and responsible for analysing and documenting the business requirements and producing technical specifications. The role will also encompass testing and managing the user acceptance of the solutions developed.
• Working autonomously and within a team to deliver technology enabled business change
• Consult with key business stakeholders to understand processes, develop the business case, document requirements, develop specifications and acceptance criteria
• Ensure all business changes are adequately planned, prioritised, and understood by the development team. Includes high level and detailed requirements (stories) and agreed acceptance criteria.
• Work closely with software testing team (Unit and QA testing) and the business (UAT) to ensure solutions meet expectations and have only a positive impact at implementation
• Contribute to building comprehensive Test Suites reusable by IT and Back Office for each delivered application.
• Track and report the solution progress
• Perform manual, exploratory and performance testing
• Work closely with software development teams to develop unit, integration, and system testing plans.
• Collaborate closely with managers, project manager, and software engineers in an Agile environment to define the best practices for testing the developed applications.
This is a great chance to work in a highly collaborative environment, not just among the team but with expert economists, technologists, data scientists and statisticians - and counterparts in other international organisations and central banks.
In order to be considered for this role, you have experience collecting and analysing complex requirements and designing digital experiences for banking customers. You will be an excellent communicator and will possess the as many of the following skills and experience:
• A university-level degree in information management, computer science or related field
• 5+ years' experience as a Business Analyst providing business analysis in a banking / financial services environment
• Solid experience in the Back Office area (you will have knowledge of topics such as banking operations, payments / control frameworks, reconciliation, trade settlements etc)
• Experience with Financial Messaging (Swift, ISO20022) strong advantage
• Experience with Databases (such as Oracle or MS SQL)
• Good experience with QA Testing (BDD, Selenium, manual and automated testing of APIs) nice to have
• Excellent customer focus, communication, and collaboration skills
• Fluency in English
Please note due to COVID interviews would be conducted remotely, however the role is based 100% in Switzerland. The team is currently working for home during the pandemic and 2-3 days home office will be offered post COVID.
Are you interested to work in an international environment in one of the leading banks worldwide in Basel? Then apply now! We look forward to receiving your full application.
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA