- Standort: Basel, Basel Stadt, Schweiz
- Gehalt: Competitive Salary
- Art des Jobangebots: Vollzeit
This role as Finance Manager is a new position resulting from the acquisition of the UBS Fund Accounting business in Switzerland. It will be based in Basel and will cover all aspects Finance relating to the newly established Swiss entity, Northern Trust Switzerland AG.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Oversight of financial books of a newly established Swiss entity including policy adherence and period end close process
- Establishing and maintaining an environment of high quality financial control
- Close interaction with the central operational accounting and control team (located in Ireland) and
- Controllers in Chicago
- Statutory account preparation and liaison with external auditor
- Local management support including management reporting and board presentations
- Act as the main contact for local service providers, authorities and potential regulators
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Proven experience in financial accounting / closing for a Swiss based entity (Swiss GAAP/IFRS)
- Knowledge on PeopleSoft and US GAAP is a plus
- Excellent command in English and German is a must
- Self-starter, willing to take on responsibility and to build-up / grow the business
- Comfortable to work independently and collaboratively within an international team
- A keen interest to learn about the underlying business
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of June 30, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $126 billion in banking assets
- $7.4 trillion in assets under custody
- $9.3 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $1.0 trillion in assets under management