Financial Data Manager
As a Financial Data Manager, you will be the guardian of this fundamental asset, guaranteeing the availability of high-quality, timely financial data to all the internal consumers.
About our client
Our client is a fast growing start up within the asset management space based in Geneva. On behalf of our client, Swisslinx is currently looking for a Financial Data Manager for a permanent opportunity.
It's all about the data. Data is flowing everywhere to feed our advanced portfolio analytics and pricing platform, to search for new market opportunities and to provide first-class service to our clients by notifying them whenever a meaningful change happens to their assets. From financial instruments definition (i.e. stocks, bonds, index, funds, structured products), price information to advanced composition and rating indicators we cover a large scope of key data points.
As a Financial Data Manager, you will be the guardian of this fundamental asset, guaranteeing the availability of high-quality, timely financial data to all the internal consumers. From various external feeds through data quality verification tools, storage in our database using accurate models and publication with secure APIs or exploration tools, you manage the whole Value Chain and monitor it to ensure smooth operations.
Demonstrating a high-level of ownership and a service-oriented mindset, you collaborate closely with Business and Tech to expand the realm of available data and increase automation.
You are familiar with financial data feeds and modelling and have some technical skills allowing you to explore a database or perform light scripting tasks when necessary. This role is adequate for junior candidates willing to put the energy to join the adventure and grow both their financial and technical knowledge in a high-responsibility and visibility position.
- A degree combining Finance and IT, or a valuable first experience in the field
- Experience with Bloomberg and/or Reuters terminal and API
- Good communication skills and a service-oriented mindset
- Good analytics and modelling skills
- Basic proficiency with SQL
- Fluent in both English and French
Nice to have
- Proficiency in a scripting or programming language (VBA, R, Python, …)
- Proficiency in Java programming language
- Experience with other financial data providers
If you are a highly motivated, ambitious person, please apply via the portal or via the Swisslinx website. www.swisslinx.com With additional questions, please reach out to Katia Kosa.
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA