As Trafigura grows the global power & renewables business the senior meteorologist will focus on building the firm's weather analytic tools, delivering high accuracy forecasts for traders & analysts in a dynamic trading environment. You will be working very closely with a larger team of fundamental analysts.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- In depth analysis of global weather model data and creation of detailed and accurate forecasts for wind and solar production, precipitation and temperature across multiple European countries spanning time ranges from day ahead to season ahead.
- Clear and timely verbal and written communication of these forecasts to internal customers including traders and analysts.
- Running verification analysis to understand possible areas of improvement in forecasts.
- Conducting analysis of atmospheric and climate data and helping to formulate new tools which could improve forecast accuracy and analytical capabilities on the weather desk.
- You will work with both trading desks in Europe and North America.
- Manage and develop firm's weather analytic tools.
- Educate traders on weather insights
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Power traders
- Research team