As an Operations for Physical Oil you will be responsible for managing all Petroleum related vessel, barge, pipeline and storage operations, including blending, inventory control and logistics. You will also actively engage with external counter-parties; vessel and barge companies, inspectors, agents and internally with commercial, compliance, risk group and finance team. Principal Accountabilities:
- Manage the supply chain of all physical Oil related movements including logistics of barges, vessels, pipeline etc from origin to destination.
- Manage terminal inventories & logistics managment
- Assist in drafting / reviewing of commodity contracts and transportation agreements
- Credit management - requesting/managing Letters of Credit or prepayments where necessary
- Optimize logistics costs, such as freight, demurrage, terminal fees, inspection
- Contact with terminal personnel, agents, inspectors, loss control, counterparties and team members.
- Participate in projects of the Business Unit to develop the oil business
- Collaborate with other internal stake holders.
- Minimum 2-5 years' experience in Petroleum Physical Oil operations.
- Preferably experience in Crude operations
- Knowledge of commodity contract terms and transportation agreements
- Knowledge of vessel, barge logistics and pipeline network and related shipping terms
- Detail oriented/Organized
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to make informed decisions
- Strong written, oral communication, relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Strong team orientation and ability to effectively collaborate with others
- Strong customer focus and engagement skills
- Basic understanding of VAT system in Europe
- Travel as required.
About Commodities and Global Markets
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Self-starter with proven willingness and ability to learn
- Team player
- Ability to deal effectively with conflict and ambiguity
- Good understanding of oil industry especially in EMEA
- Adequate petroleum related network of contacts
- Understanding of basic risk management tools
- Microsoft office experience, ability to create and maintain Excel spreadsheets
In Commodities and Global Markets you will be part of a global business offering capital and financing, risk management, market access, physical execution and logistics solutions to its diverse client base. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.