Senior Solution Architect/ Systems Engineer / Ingenieur
We are recruiting on behalf of our client a: Senior Decentralized System Engineer on permanent position.
- Ensure clear vision on areas of collaboration with global community and differentiation within the ecosystem
- Have meaningful impact on the design, very early in the journey, and later implementation of resilient distributed platform that's usable by people with access to fancy tech, as well as by those who may currently lack identify, be unbanked, or have limited access to the internet
- Collaborate closely with our development team to build solid foundation for future product development
- Act as the go-to person for all things resilient systems, data availability and compliant computation, catering to identity and payment-like realites (high availability and security, privacy, etc)
- Deliver, together with the platform team, a MVP of shared portfolio-supporting platform and push towards GA.
- Drive cooperation with platform and lab teams.
- You have relevant system design skills and coding skills gained via formal education, and/or demonstrated experience building large scale resilient distributed systems, including systems that emphasize the edge, incorporating IoT devices, smart cards, mesh networking, NFC, RFID and other technologies that work offline
- You have experience with elastic systems, and deep understanding of network and gossip protocols, consensus algorithms, high resilience, data consistency and availability at scale. As well as working experience with Jenkins, cloud, SDK/API.
- Also, you have experience in the domains of identity and/or currency and/or payments or banking, working closely with cryptographers and backend engineers, both at company and global community levels.
- Besides being a great listener, you are an educator that acts as a mentor to team members to improve their skills.
- You thrive in asynchronous communication environments and can express clearly your ideas, and thinking, in code and writing.
- Beyond that you have a natural ability to explain, communicate and influence a broad audience (from highly technical to managerial) on subjects like resilience, decision tradeoffs, architecture choices, and the ideal balance of competing priorities.
- You are comfortable to work in a fuzzy problem space, and enjoy translating initial experiments into requirements, and map to system view.
- You have a positive, can-do attitude, you bring new ideas and you are a fast learner
- You're fluent in English (French is an asset).