Summary: A Global Commodity Trading House is seeking an experienced and driven Senior Risk Manager to further strengthen and lead the Market Risk team for Gas, Power & LNG. You will be expected to work alongside the front office, quant and middle office teams playing a key role in the development of the middle office function ensuring trading strategies are understood and robust risk management framework. A successful candidate will have a full understanding of all trading activities, current positions, P&L developments and risk figures to mitigate risk facing the business.
- Lead the market risk team, acting as a mentor to the risk analysts in the team in creating a robust risk management framework, control function whilst supporting the Head of Group Risk.
- Improve risk analytics for the whole middle office function through scenario analysis and stress-testing models.
- Conduct back testing of risk metrics - including VaR and sensitivity/scenario analysis
- Provide input into the definition of risk policies and procedures working as a commercial partner to support and challenge the business in day-to-day trading as well as long term strategic deals for business.
- Perform complex quantitative and qualitative analysis for traders
- The Implementation of pricing models for valuing and risk managing structured products.
- Ability to use trading concepts and knowledge of Gas, Power and LNG markets to identify the main drivers of change in prices, price relationships and their associated Risks.
- Ability to collaborate with the front office and finance teams in selecting the required valuation methods and communicating the reasoning behind their selection.
- Recommend and Develop methodologies and tools for the calculation of risk measures for the commodity markets.
- Responsible for the ongoing management and regular monitoring of structured products, their hedges and implement these processes to streamline and automate the programs
- Tasked with obtaining approval to trade new structured products by collaborating with the internal departments, producing reports outlining the characteristics and underlining the potential risks.
- Produce standard middle office reports on structured products, including P&L and explanation, limit reports and VaR.
- To aid in the development and implementation of the automated and infrastructure projects for the use of Markets
- Execute ad hoc projects for the development and enhancement of the Risk function.
- A degree in Quantitative Finance, Mathematics, Physics, or other science disciplines.
- Min. 8 years' experience working in a Trading house - Boutique or Utility
- Strong commercial knowledge of Gas, Power & LNG markets.
- Strong knowledge of Physical and Financial assets for Gas & Power
- Strong technical ability using Python or C# for coding, modelling and implementation purposes.
- Openlink / Endur experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of commodity options on physical assets for Gas & Power including storage, LNG, swing, optimisation, optionality, CHP etc.
- Ability to understand and apply risk management concepts, including stress-testing, value-at-risk, liquidity adjusted VaR and scenario analysis.
- Strong understanding of options, mathematics and how they are priced.