Accounting Policy Specialist 80-100%
- Zürich, Schweiz
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 20 Feb 18
As part of Group Accounting Policy team you will be responsible for supporting stakeholders across the Group with expert IFRS accounting advice.
As an Accounting Policy Specialist your main responsibilities will involve:
• Support accounting issue resolution and executive decision-making by providing tailored advice and accounting policy interpretation to Group functions and Zurich subsidiaries worldwide
• Evaluate and analyze non-routine transactions; prepare and quality-assure memos and accounting policy documents to ensure full adherence to Zurich Group rules and regulations and IFRS
• Collaborate with the Finance team and other stakeholders to ensure proper accounting treatment is considered in systems/process development, product development, new business activities / transactions, etc.
• Prepare training material and deliver training to internal customers on accounting matters (existing or emerging) in order to improve awareness of IFRS accounting concepts & risks, quality and consistency across the organization
• Monitor accounting developments of the International Accounting Standards Board as well as FINMA and EIOPA guidance on SST and SII; support update of IFRS Group Accounting Policy Handbook and SST and SII methodology documents
• Perform research on accounting issues and prepare peer analysis
• Take action to manage own personal development and encourage others to do the same
• High Level Client Internally Focused - The job's core deliverables rely on delivering service to internal clients, usually at Senior Management level. Includes using subject matter expertise to address advanced, high-level questions and issues.
Your Skills and Experience
As an Accounting Policy Specialist your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• University degree in Finance (Accounting and Controlling) or similar education
• Profound understanding of IFRS framework
• At least 5 years' relevant experience in IFRS accounting and reporting, preferably with an audit, insurance or other financial services company
• Ability and experience to communicate at Senior Management level and influence internal stakeholders
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Willing to take ownership, hardworking, persistent, able to work under pressure, team oriented personality
• Fluent spoken and written English, German would be an asset
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office especially Excel
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 55,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.