Gresham Hunt are working with a well-known Global Commodities Business in Europe who are recruiting a Data Scientist to join their Risk Management Division in Switzerland. Whilst the company have a significant presence in Switzerland, the role can be based remotely in Europe.
- The Data Scientist would provide expertise in Data Analytics to enhance the performance of the overall function and ensure the team are using the best industry data driven tools to achieve success.
- Perform exploratory analysis and preparing large amounts of data, sourced from diverse systems
- Designing and applying machine learning, deep learning, and other artificial intelligence models into the functions standard procedures, and other global initiatives such as Benchmarking, Continuous Auditing and Fraud Analytics
- Effectively presenting results via impactful methods and data visualisation techniques
- Contributing in the design and managing of big data models
Experience & Skills Required
- University Degree preferably in a Mathematic or Quantitative field
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in data analysis related field
- Experience applying data mining (e.g. CRISP-DM) agile (e.g. SCRUM) methodologies
- Experience in performing ETL activities and managing data warehouses
- Experience with Business Intelligence and Visualization tools (e.g. Tableau or PowerBI)
- Experience applying top analytical techniques, such as Machine Learning, Pattern recognition, and Text analytics, amongst others, into practical and real world problems
- Experience in the use of languages, libraries and frameworks (e.g. SQL, Python, R, Spark, TensorFlow, Keras, Pig, Hive)
- Excellent communication skills (English proficiency), as you will be required to present and explain complex models to stakeholders