European Event Driven Analyst – Alternative Asset Manager
Asset Manager is seeking a European Analyst with Corporate Finance experience
PSquared is an established event driven hedge fund based in Zurich currently managing $750mn AUM and we are looking to recruit a junior analyst to join the investment team. Our ideal candidate would have 3-5 years’ experience in investment banking / corporate finance. The analyst will be expected to support the senior investment team and bear responsibility for analysing event driven investments across the capital structure. The position would allow the candidate to learn from very senior and experienced analysts with a view to taking on more responsibilities in the long term such as sector / regional responsibility for sourcing, sizing and execution of investment ideas.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- You will be running fundamental driven equity and special situations analysis, observing opportunities on a global basis. This requires thorough diligence of financial markets as well as catalysts and we would expect candidates to be extremely confident of their in-depth research skills
- Part of the role will be to support the rest of the investment team with fundamental research of long-short investments with a focus on events, relative value & special situations
- Candidates will be expected to formulate a coherent investment thesis and take ownership of the investment process through its cycle
The fund launched in July 2013 and has seen considerable inflows of assets and offers exciting further growth potential. The strategy focusses on cross-capital event driven situations focusing on Europe and Asia. Offices are located in Zurich, Switzerland.
In order to qualify for the job candidates will need to:
- Have strong command of valuation, modeling and capital structure analysis
- Relish responsibility of sourcing, analysis and due diligence
- Be fluent in English and one other European language
- In addition, you should strive in a small team environment and be very entrepreneurial
Keywords: Equity Event Driven, Equity Long – Short, Special Situations, Catalyst Driven, Risk Arbitrage, Equities, Equity Research, Equity Analyst, Equity Hedge Fund, Equity Fund Manager, Deep Value, Analyst, Equity Research Analyst, Zurich, Switzerland
Please send your CV in to email@example.com