Head of Data Analytics Solution Design and Development 80-100%
- Zürich, Schweiz
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 18 Jun 18
Reporting into the Head of Data Analytics Delivery, you will be responsible for the end-to-end Data Analytics solutions across technology components. You will ensure that solution standards are followed and best practices are leveraged, leading to the implementation of robust and scalable Data and Analytics solutions that are viable beyond the project lifecycle. Your work will support the business decision making and performance measurement of the organization, and consequently help Zurich to achieve strategic objectives around customer innovation, process efficiency, and cost optimization. You will be engaged across all key business areas and propose addressing function-specific use cases for Finance, Reinsurance, Actuary, Claims, Life & General Insurance, Underwriting, Commercial and Risk.
As a Head of Data Analytics Solution Design and Development your main responsibilities will involve:
- Managing a team of solution architects and developers covering the span of strategic Data Analytics technologies
- Working in close collaboration with the Enterprise Architecture function to evolve the solution implementation standards as required to meet business needs, as well as other Enterprise Data Analytics Delivery teams (Project Management, Service Management, Platform Management, Operations Integration) to provide design authority and oversee the technical execution, eventually securing an efficient hand-over to operations
- Driving the requirements engineering as part of the project proposal phase to provide the best solution for the business need leveraging a combination of the various Data Analytics technology stacks
- Driving the solution architecture effort across all projects and programs which are part of the portfolio in order to meet business requirements for growth, performance, agility and scalability
- Building up and providing development capabilities for the strategic Data Analytics platforms
- Further developing the governance process to guarantee the best solution quality and efficient risk mitigation related to the solution development lifecycle. This includes automating the quality checks and driving the development of implementation standards across all Data Analytics technology components (i.e. SAP BW, SAP HANA, SAP BPC, DB2, Informatica PowerCenter, Microstrategy, MS SQL, MS PowerBI)
- Engaging with internal stakeholders to provide advisory on how to best leverage Data Analytics technologies to support the execution of key Group functions data strategies (i.e. Finance, Reinsurance, Actuary, Claims, Life & General Insurance, Underwriting, Commercial, Risk)
- Overseeing the projects' resources and projects' timely execution, managing the allocation of solution architects and developers and working closely with multiple internal clients
- Organizing new technology roll-outs (Cloud, In-Memory, etc.) by evaluating vendor offerings, developing new application design principles, and delivering Proof of Concept & Pilot projects
- Tracking industry technology trends and directions in the BI & Analytics space
Your Skills and Experience
We are expecting a deep knowledge and experience in Data and Analytics technologies and solution architecture, as well as an ability to communicate complex technical topics to non-technical audience and efficiently interact with business. Your skills and experience will ideally include:
- University level education or equivalent
- Prior experience working in a financial services environment desirable, preferably insurance
- 10+ years of relevant Data Analytics experience, with strong technical background in one or several of the following stacks: SAP BW, SAP HANA, SAP BPC, DB2, Informatica (PowerCenter, DataQuality, Big Data Edition), Microstrategy, MS SQL, MS SSIS, MS PowerBI, Hadoop
- Solid implementation experience for enterprise-wide, complex Data Analytics solutions
- 4+ years of proven people leadership experience
- Proven ability to drive teams across international locations for highly effective delivery leveraging multi-source staffing models including internal and external partners
- Experience in agile delivery methods (e.g. Scrum) and supporting tools (e.g. Jira) preferred
- Effective communication, presentation and relationship management skills at different levels and in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work effectively in a global organization, under time pressure and managing ambiguity
- Fluent in English (spoken and written). Further languages preferred (German, French, Spanish)
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.