A year-long contract position (with high possibility of extension), as a Java Back End Developer, working on the development of a trading application for a Private Bank. Plus a modern office layout located in their Zurich offices, offering a competitive daily salary.
- Test driven development, experience of JUnit and mocking libraries (eg Mockito) are a strong asset
- Principles of Object Oriented programming, interfaces, abstractions, dependencies etc.
- Core Java & related utilities/libraries, particularly collections, Multithreading (Java.util.concurrent.* package), JSON, JDBC, Maven
- Spring framework, JDBC templates and JPA
- Messaging and JMS
- Relational database modelling
- Good code review skills, pride in code quality
- Experience in Hazelcast and Elasticsearch
- Previous ActiveMQ hands-on experience
- Good understanding of Unix operating systems, experience in bash Scripting
- Experience in the Financial Services area
Working on behalf of a Private Bank, we are in search for a Java Back End developer to work the company's trading application; To maintain the current platform and has the opportunity to improve and create new libraries and frameworks upon which our trading platform is based.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Build, test and deploy new tools, services and product features
- Improve and create new libraries and frameworks
- Communicate and liaise with key business and IT stakeholders
- Continuously drive and improve the system
Please only apply if you are eligible to work in Switzerland.
For further information about this truly exciting opportunity and for an immediate interview, please get in touch without delay!