Java DevOps Engineer / Ingenieur
As the leading supplier to our client, one of the most instantly recognizable brands in the banking sector worldwide, Swisslinx are looking for a motivated DevOps Engineer with solid experience in SW programming and knowledge of Jenkins and automation.
This is a rolling 6 month contract with a strong chance of extension and a start date ASAP.
As the successful candidate you will join a global organisation responsible for the development and maintenance of the key advisory systems in the bank, which are in use on a global scale within the bank.
You will be part of a team with 7 to 10 members and is independent, covering all the disciplines, from requirement engineering, to development, until testing and work closely with business representatives to shape new business solutions.
Working in a large and complex environment, your responsibilities will be:
• Work closely with our development colleagues as well as other disciplines to further automate and optimize the deployment process.
• Troubleshoot complex technical issues
• Support other team members when needed
• Infrastructure provisioning using yaml/json files, hands on in designing iaas in Openshift.
• Conceptually clear and hands on Openshift basics, volume claim, mounts, configuration handling and designing base infra for Microservice based applications.
• Release coordination with various stakeholders
The department you will join manage a complex application landscape including professional investment portfolio construction tools and mobile applications used during client meetings.
They also leverage modern portfolio optimization techniques to automate parts of the investment advice and offer a rich set of analyses to evaluate the investments of our clients.
As the successful applicant, you will possess the following skills and experience:
• Strong experience as a DevOps Engineer experience
• 2+ years experience as a SW Developer (ideally with Java but C# is also acceptable)
• 1+ years of experience Jenkins experience
• Hands on knowledge in Redhat OpenShift nice to have
• Ideally you will have experience in the financial services industry
• Fluency in English
The following skills are nice to have:
• GKE (Google kubernetes Engine or AKS- Azure Kubernetes service)
• Scripting python, shell, ansible, saltstack.
• Experience with Infrastructure provisioning using yaml/json files, hands on in designing IaaS in Openshift.
• Lightweight rest services designing and implementation using Microservice pattern.
• Cloud and cluster basics, service endpoint design as per requirements, good knowledge on egress/ingress and - routing in Openshift.
• Good knowledge of Git branching, CLI commands and Git flow.
• Basic knowledge of Docker.
Please note due to COVID interviews would be conducted remotely, however the role is based 100% in Switzerland. The team is currently split between WFH and office right now. Post COVID occasional home office will be permitted 2-3 days a week.
Are you interested in the opportunity to work on one of our client's top initiatives and the chance to work in operational resilience? Then please send us your full CV.
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA