Operational Excellence Automation Program Lead 80-100%
- Zürich, Schweiz
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 19 Jul 18
This involves coordination across various Business and IT functions in delivering the optimal automation solution to the business and driving consistency and standardization in automation delivery, where necessary, while maintaining flexibility and adaptability to local needs to drive greater benefits.
As an Operational Excellence Automation Program Lead your main responsibilities will involve:
- Generating interest and buy-in to perform automation assessments
- Performing automation assessments for a business area (BU)/country
- Managing and overseeing automation deployments for multiple BUs/large countries
- Supporting regional or local Automation hubs / COE setup and knowledge building
- Working with BUs or Regional Leadership to define vision and strategy for automation for the business/region
- Liaising with Group IT Infrastructure and BC/IT for shared platform and infrastructure and with Enterprise Architecture for alignment with Capability Framework and Process Framework
- Providing governance support and maintaining automation framework and approach
- Liaising with Business Innovation team for new emerging automation technologies to help drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Acting as subject matter expert for automation, in conducting diagnostic to solve business operational problems
- Collaborating with IT functions (Infrastructure, Application, Data etc.) in delivering automation technology to the business in the most cost effective manner
- Working with other Business Transformation functions (Business Innovation, Business Transformation, Data Analytics etc.) to ensure alignment across transformational initiatives
- Supporting and implementing Operational Excellence change programs as it relates to automation
Your Skills and Experience
As an Operational Excellence Automation Program Lead your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent or work experience preferred.
- 8-12 years of commercial work experience (required)
- 5-8 years of experience in end to end process improvement reviews and automation deployment
- Demonstrated experience in effective control and management of changes in the operational environment of a large & complex organization required
- Project Management (Certification or equivalent preferred)
- A broad understanding of operational efficiency and the effective use of metrics to drive process improvement.
- Knowledge of methodologies (including LEAN) for reviewing and documenting current business processes; identifying problems and opportunities; and re-engineering processes for improvement
- Risk management and control framework experience
- Knowledge of Quality management methods, tools and techniques
- Familiarity with Root cause analysis techniques and tools
- Knowledge of issues, opportunities, and challenges for conducting business in the international marketplace
- Results driven and customer focused
- A data mindset
- Strong relationship management skills with experience in partnering and building credibility with senior leaders
- Strong problem-solving skills, influencing, negotiation and collaboration skills
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly and quickly build rapport and trust
- Ability to facilitate workshops and workplace training
- Ability to apply knowledge and experience (as described above) to diverse situations
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.