Senior Business Analyst
On behalf of our client, a global bank with headquarters in Zurich, Swisslinx are looking for an experienced Business Analyst with change knowledge of risk topics to work on a strategic climate risk project.
This is a rolling 6 month contract with a strong chance of extension and a start date ASAP.
As a senior Business Analyst in the Climate Risk Strategy Programme, you will be responsible for managing the analysis work and owning the requirements delivery plan.
• The role requires business knowledge and technical ability, in addition to the proven ability to understand the impact on people and process.
• The successful candidate will need to synthesize and simplify technical requirements presented by multiple areas across the bank, while working with business partners including IT, external vendors and consultants SMEs to ensure delivery of a technical solution and the surrounding process and business readiness.
• The workstream will define data strategy, architecture, product vision and roadmap. The successful candidate will need to provide thought leadership on various topics and be involved in delivery of some of these artefacts.
The Climate Risk Strategy Program was mobilised in 2019 and has 2021 core objectives to: (i) Develop and roll out a sector-specific client strategy to encourage bank's clients to transition to lower carbon models and protect the bank from climate related risks; (ii) Set a target for reduction of financed emissions to achieve Net Zero by 2050 and monitor the bank's portfolios against target to honor commitment to SBTi and Net Zero Banking Alliance; (iii) Position the bank to manage and mitigate climate related risks and address upcoming regulatory requirements.
You will be working with Change experts having experience in data, architecture and project management covering CRO business processes and systems. You will also partner with Climate Risk management team, divisional CRO, Quant and data teams to build business solution meeting their requirements and overall goals of program
As the successful applicant, you will possess the following skills and experience:
• Extensive experience in business and data analysis (8+ years experience)
• Expert in requirement gathering, elicitation and able to synthesize analysis for senior stakeholder's steer.
• Experience in leading team of analysts and their analysis tasks in complex and fast paced environment.
• Experience in building business and data expertise in new areas like Climate Risk topics and apply this to the development, execution and improvement of systems and business process
• Proficient with SQL to perform data analysis tasks
• Skilled at data modelling and analysis using MS Excel/R/Python
• Experience in managing multiple projects by completing and updating project documentation
• Experience in process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis
• Fluent in English (German preferential)
The following is nice to have:
• Experience in Credit Risk domain
• Experience in Climate Risk
Please note due to COVID interviews would be conducted remotely, however the role is based 100% in Switzerland. The team is currently split between WFH and office right now. Post COVID occasional home office will be permitted 2-3 days a week.
Are you interested in the opportunity to work on one of our client's top initiatives with visibility to high level management? Then please send us your full CV.
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA