Senior DevOps Engineer / Ingenieur
We are looking for an DevOps Engineer in our platform team which will take care about our automated testing environment. You will provide and operate the environment in close collaboration with engineers of product teams, who own the functional test cases. The project is a multi-year Finance Transformation project, greenfield on MS azure with both cloud-native and legacy components.
About our client
Our client is one of the leading insurance companies in Switzerland based in Zurich.
On behalf of our client, Swisslinx is currently looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer.
This is a 12 month contracting role with the potential to extend.
- Understand all infrastructure as code (IaC) artefacts in Azure DevOps, with specific focus on Kubernetes, Kafka, Zookeeper, NoSQL. Basic knowledge of
SAP infrastructure and deployment strategies
- Develop CI/CD process for IaC and Microservice (Spring Boot) deployments
- Implementation of cloud-native architecture vision using Azure
- Further enhance testing automation features e.g. by creating pipelines
- Communication and rollout of new testing automation features to application development teams
- Work with developers to understand the runtimes of their apps and their interaction with Apache Kafka.
- Ensure communication flow with regards to test automation to various stakeholders
- Align with test managers on quality controls and continuous testing best practices
- Support and give guidance on the test-driven development practices and the implementation thereof in the pipelines.
- Continuously work with the teams to improve all components as the use-cases grow more complex
- Ensure compliance with the company wide digital governance framework, audit
- Documentation of all of the above (readme, wiki and JIRA)
- Presentation of developed concepts in various bodies
- Public Cloud relevant experience with practical implementation on Azure
- Strong and proven automation experience in Azure DevOps
- Expert knowledge of Azure DevOps pipelines
- Expert knowledge of Kubernetes deployments
- Strong knowledge of Kubernetes cluster operations
- Strong experience with "Infrastructure as Code"
- Good knowledge of container technologies e.g. Docker
- Good knowledge of git
- Worked with CI/CD for integration, migration and deployment: Experience in automated build, test & deploy
- Excellent communication in English, written and spoken
- Delegation and (self-)management skills for working in a flat and distributed team
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Nice to have
- Nice to have skills:
- Test automation / JUnit
- Ansible and/or Terraform
- Performance testing
- SAP Netweaver
- Kubernetes Stateful workloads
Frameworks and tools
- Azure DevOps, Ansible, yaml-pipelines, Helm, build agents, scripting (bash, python)
- Container-based (Docker / Kubernetes) orchestration
- Can read code written in industry standard polyglot (Java/ Spring/ Python/ JS)
- DB-queries (also NoSQL) e.g. SAP HANA, Postgres
- Cloud managed services (e.g. Blob Storage, databases, Insights, Security Center)
- Build and deployment tools such as Git, Gradle, Maven
What's on offer
- Work for an established Swiss company
- International, multi-cultural and young working environment
- Modern building, excellent canteen, gym on site
- Friendly colleagues
If you are a highly motivated, ambitious person, please apply via the portal or via the Swisslinx website. www.swisslinx.com
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA