Senior Java Software Engineer (JEE)
- Zürich, Schweiz
- Befristete Anstellung, Vollzeit
- 18 Nov 18
Senior Java Software Engineer (JEE)
On behalf of our client, a leading fintech in Zurich, Swisslinx is seeking a highly motivated Business Reporting and Analytics Specialist for a contract position of 6 months starting as soon as possible. You will join a young international company and support on an extensive new project, where you will be migrating a large amount of new clients onto the company's platform.
• Develop and maintain scalable and robust enterprise (JEE) applications
• Work as part of cross functional, passionate agile (SCRUM/Kanban) project teams ensuring high quality delivery is at the heart of the development process from requirements definition through to delivery
• Contributing toward predictable delivery of quality releases
• Research, recommend and implement tools as needed with the goal of continually increasing our development productivity
• Proactively bringing issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to solve them
• Be an advocate of automation, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery and use experiences to support the teams in these areas also
• Maintain exceptionally high standards of design and code quality at all times, including but not limited to adherence to architectural, security and scalability standards and principles
• To be enthusiastic, fearless and boundary-less with the ability to coach and mentor
• BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject - or equivalent work experience
• 6+ years of recent experience of developing Enterprise Java applications within an agile environment
• Test driven / behavior driven (TDD/BDD) Java software development with Maven & Junit, npm/nodejs
• Working within UNIX/Linux based environments.
• Working knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery methods and toolsets
• Working with enterprise application stacks (e.g. JMS, Tomcat)
• Strong experience with SQL databases such as Oracle (preferable), MySQL, etc.
• Experience writing PL/SQL is a plus
• Strong demonstrable experience of Object Oriented Analysis & Design and accompanying design patterns with a commitment to Software Craftsmanship and Clean Code.
• Experience of working with a wide variety of open source frameworks such as Spring, CXF, Hibernate, Apache Struts etc.
• Hands-on and demonstrable experience with existing bespoke js / java frameworks and get into the bits and bytes.
• Experience with testing frameworks like JUnit, Mockito, Powermock, JMock, DBUnit, utPLSQL
• Experience in mobile development using Apache Cordova / PhoneGap based hybrid approach is an asset.
• Ability to work with Distributed Version Control Systems such as SVN (preferable), GIT
• Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
• Adapts communication style for junior engineers, senior engineers and senior management alike
• Proactive 'self-starter' attitude
• A creative, innovative and inquisitive character. Willing to experiment with many ideas and showcase the output with peers and the wider teams
• Lifelong learner - thrives from developing and sharing knowledge
• Fluent English language skills (written, spoken) are a pre-requisite.
• Fluent German would be a plus
Are you a Senior Java Software Engineer (JEE) looking for a highly-responsible role within an international environment? Then we look forward to receiving a copy of your CV to email@example.com.
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
✓ storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
✓ using my personal information or
✓ supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
✓ transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA