Senior Manager, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and IFRS Desk, Assurance
Senior Manager, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and IFRS Desk, Assurance EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies all over the world.Senior Manager, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and IFRS Desk, Assurance
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies all over the world. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In doing so, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Visit us at http://www.ey.com/CH/en/Careers
About the opportunity:
In Switzerland, our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team consists of dedicated professionals.
We combine technical accounting skills, practical experience in financial reporting as well as deep sector and regulatory knowledge. We have access to a global network of professionals with wide-ranging financial accounting and advisory knowledge.
We help finance leaders address the strategic accounting challenges and ongoing changes facing their business, and manage the resulting repercussions on the accounting and finance function. We help them achieve their potential in connection with acquisitions, divestitures, optimization/restructuring, accounting standards adoption and/or convergence projects.
For our location in Zurich OR Basel we currently are seeking qualified candidates for an excellent career and leadership opportunity as a Senior Manager in our Financial & Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) group and IFRS Desk.
- Advising companies on application of IFRS, including transaction accounting and business combinations
- Assistance and support on the impact assessment of new accounting standards, such as IFRS 9 Financial Instruments (for corporate entities), IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers and IFRS 16 Leases
- Financial statements conversions to IFRS
- Enhancement of companies financial statements
- Preparing and delivering proposals on new opportunities
- Assisting Advisory and Assurance teams with technical IFRS accounting and reporting inquiries
- Manage and lead teams on projects and liaise and work across other Advisory and Assurance teams to deliver high quality client service
- Engage in business development and other marketing activities for the FAAS team to help grow the business
- Manage engagement economics
- Take an active role in coaching and developing junior staff members
- Technical reviews of IFRS financial statements of listed audit clients
- Facilitation of internal and external IFRS trainings
- A Bachelor degree
- ACCA / CPA or equivalent international qualification
- Strong knowledge of IFRS
- 8+ years of consulting and/or audit experience and proficiency in researching accounting issues
- Strong project management skills
- Very good communication skills (written and spoken) in English are mandatory
- A dedication to teamwork and leadership
- Ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
- Integrity within a professional environment
More opportunities for your development
Do you have challenging plans? Stick to them and realize your goals with us! Design your career with EY in a culture that promotes diversity and education. In an environment, that constantly opens new doors through knowledge sharing, flexibility and recognition. We offer you to join our highly motivated team. You will be working and learning in a highly dynamic and cross-functional team - being able to boost your learning curve through the combination of intensive teamwork, challenging client projects and being part of the network of one of the world’s leading professional services firms.
Doreen Schwarz is looking forward to receiving your application.
Do the next step and apply for this position online with Job-ID SWI000HB via our career portal. For further information please contact our recruitment team (Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org / +41 58 286 33 66).
Only direct applications will be considered.