On behalf of our client, a leading financial institution in Zürich, we are looking for a Senior software engineer with Java and Scala, who is experienced in the full lifecycle of product development. You will be joining the Global Markets division in a project that is developing a Big Data Analytics platform.
Senior Software Engineer - Java / Scala
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions.
On behalf of our client, a leading financial institution in Zürich, we are looking for a Senior software engineer who is experienced in the full lifecycle of product development. You will be joining the Global Markets division in a project that is developing a Big Data Analytics platform.
The contract will be based in Zurich and has an initial duration of 12 months with the potential to be extended.
- Development of software products in data analytics and business intelligence
- Contribute to modernization of the software solution, drive adoption of newer technologies with a focus on scalability
- Develop software components responsible for sourcing intraday and end-of-day data and extracting analytical insights from this data
- Actively participate in the design and technology review of the software components developed in the team
- Evolve overall architecture of the solution with the use of latest technologies available in the bank
- Work to streamline development process and to improve software performance
- Contribute to integration testing (automated and manual) efforts as required
- Collaborate with platform management and other team members on the requirements, preparing the releases and delivering the applications to production
- Assist to resolve incidents involving Production system
- Work closely with stakeholders on the analysis, design and development of new capabilities.
- A minimum of 5 years in software development using Scala and Java languages
- Experience in building data-intensive IT solutions with the use of No-SQL & Big Data databases as well as relational databases
- Experience in building distributed data processing pipelines using Apache Flink and/or Apache Spark - this should include working with data streaming technologies such as Apache Kafka / Kinesis
- Experience with major Hadoop distributions (Cloudera, Hortonworks) and Cloud-based technologies
- Ability to shape the software architecture and experience in successfully integrating emerging open-source technologies
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development (TDD)
If you are interested in this opportunity, we look forward to receiving your CV or if you have any questions, contact Jane Leese on +41 44 229 99 49
If you are interested in other opportunities that Experis are recruiting, please click on the link https://www.experis.ch/experis-zurich.
We can only consider Swiss nationals or professionals possessing a valid EU passport for this engagement.