As the premier supplier to our client, one of the most established financial institutions worldwide, Swisslinx are looking for an experienced Test Lead with a background in Software Testing as well as experience in the banking sector to work on a large digitalization project in Zurich.
This is a rolling contract starting no later than January 2021, with a strong chance of extension (up to two years) or even internalization.
As the sole tester in a fast-paced SCRUM team sat within our client's Wealth Management division, you will join a project enhancing and maintenance of the key advisory systems in the bank globally and be responsible for the following:
• Lead all test activities in the ongoing releases
• Organize and plan releases end to end, coordinate the release plan execution.
• Continuous improvement of all testing related processes
• Develop a sustainable and successful test strategy and implement it
• Coach the test engineers
• Ensure an efficient test coverage (test cases, test data, test approach)
Your work in a team of 10+ test engineers as part of a larger organization consisting of 10 agile teams.
This team manages a complex application landscape including professional investment portfolio construction tools and mobile applications used during client meetings. They also leverage modern portfolio optimization techniques to automate parts of the investment advice and offer a rich set of analyses to evaluate the investments of our clients.
You will be presented with the following challenges:
• The existing test setup needs to be improved. This obviously requires in depth expertise in the field of testing but also a personality to motivate and lead the team in order to facilitate the plans.
• Stakeholder management is also important to make sure everybody is on board with the proposed changes.
• The ongoing business as usual development and the upcoming big projects are very challenging in terms of time-line, technical and function complexity.
• With approximately 25 releases per year of highly complex in-house built software we need somebody with a talent to organize things while still having the hands-on expertise in release management and testing.
As the ideal candidate for this position, you will possess the following skills:
• 5-10 years of experience in software testing
• 2+ years in a leading role as Test Lead or Test Manager
• Experience in the financial industry is mandatory
• Extensive knowledge about test processes / methodologies
• Self-driven and team player
• Willing to learn and adapt
• Excellent English communication skills
The following skills are nice to have:
• Knowledge in financial products (e.g. bonds, shares, options etc) and/or investment related processes
• Good understanding on test automation
• Java and Selenium experience
Please note due to COVID interviews would be conducted remotely, however the role is based 100% in Switzerland. The team is currently split between WFH and office right now. Post COVID occasional home office will be permitted.
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA