Full Stack Developer (Java/React), Associate
Description About this role Your role and impact
The Aladdin Product Group Alternatives is seeking a Java Full Stack Developer to grow and expand our Software Engineering team! This individual will help the growth of our private market's platform - eFront Investment Cafe. eFront, a part of BlackRock, is a leading software provider of end-to-end solutions dedicated to the Alternative Investments industry.
Fully integrated into our Aladdin eFront Engineering Team in Belgrade, you will be exposed to both the technical and functional layers of our most innovative products, while acquiring a unique skillset in the fast-growing Private Equity industry, and Alternative Investments in general. You will be a part of international and agile environment, with a strong drive for technical innovation. Product
The Engineering group you will join is in charge of eFront Investment Cafe, a modern Cloud-based SaaS (Software as a Service) offering, Number 1 leader on its market with half million users and one of our most exciting and innovative products from a technology perspective. Technologies and Concepts involved:
eFront Investment Cafe is composed on multiple modules, implemented in a wide range of technologies. Your exposure to a particular set of technology will depend on the module you will be working on.
Below are technologies and tools you may have the opportunity to learn in your journey (*the knowledge of all these is not required*):
• Java / Spring-Framework / SpringBoot
• API (API Gateway, RESTful, OpenAPI etc.)
• Databases (MS SQL Server, Azure SQL Database)
• Web/Application Servers (Apache Tomcat, Oracle WebLogic, Elastic Beanstalk)
• CI-CD (Azure DevOps, Maven)
• Database Schema Management (Liquibase)
• Code Quality (SonarQube, BlackDuck, Veracode)
• Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, ELB, EBS etc.)
• Azure (App Service, Docker, Kubernetes, API Management, Service Bus, Blob Storage, etc.)
• Monitoring/Production Operations (AppDynamics, Splunk)
• Security (MFA, SSO) What will you be doing?
As a member of a multi-skills Squad (Product Owner, Developers, Testers, Documentation Writer, CI/CD Engineer, Agile Coach, etc.), your responsibility will be to:
• Take a part in all phases of our SDLC:
• Be involved in design and development of brand-new features as well as fixing defects
• Act as a consultant to our Support Departments by resolving challenging situations, defining short term workarounds or solutions as well as building and delivering longer term improvements
• Take a part in the overall reflection in improving the product You have:
• Bachelor or Master' degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Organizational Sciences or related software engineering background
• Proven experience in programming and solid knowledge of Java
• Appreciation for clean and well documented code both on the front-and back-end
• A creative approach and a great taste for innovation
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Proficient English, both written and spoken Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.