Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA! You will be part of the Financial Crime Compliance team and will be responsible for reviews of suspicious transactions, system alerts, investigations and in-depth understanding of AML/CTF processes and requirements.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Perform periodic review, trigger event review and enhanced due diligence for higher risk customers and suspicious transactions (e.g. PEP, sanctions, adverse news, assignments, cash or cash equivalent transactions, etc.) according to applicable AML/CTF policies / guidelines / SOPs
- Review and assess alerts arising from name screening / transaction monitoring / customer risk scoring systems and liaise with other functional units (e.g. Life Operations) for necessary investigation and follow-up actions
- Identify and escalate higher risk customers / suspicious transactions / activities for senior management reporting / review and approvals
- Conduct investigation into suspicious activities and prepare suspicious transaction report for timely filing to Financial Intelligence Unit
- Contribute suggestions / support to improve system/operation processes and methodologies through participation of process improvement or digitalization projects, e.g. conduct user acceptance test, update operation manuals, etc.
- Maintain accurate regular review, risk assessment, trigger event review and enhanced due diligence records
- Assist to prepare AML/CTF related management reports
- Support risk assessment / compliance review on regular or upon ad-hoc request
- Carry out other ad-hoc tasks or projects, e.g. support regulatory reporting
- Exercise diligence in delivering quality work and strong commitment to agreed timeline.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Diploma/Degree in Finance, Business or any related field
- 2 to 3 years of experience in financial crime compliance role within insurance industry
- Good knowledge of AML/CTF control processes and MAS requirements
- Strong interest in developing career in insurance and AML/CTF space
- Team player and attention to details, able to take on high volume of workload and multi-tasking; at times may involve working beyond the normal office hours
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge or exposure in any data analytics tool or AML System is a plus, e.g. Nice Actimize, SQL, Python
- Certifications pertaining to AML/KYC will be added advantage, e.g. ACAMS
For over a century, AIA has served the ever-changing needs of our customers across Asia-Pacific. Our Purpose to help millions of people live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives is at the heart of everything we do.
As pioneering innovators, we’re now transforming AIA to be faster, simpler and more connected to create better solutions and impactful experiences for our customers and communities. AIA encourages and enables our people to act with clarity, courage and humanity in service of our Purpose.
At AIA, we believe in empowering every one of our people to find their 'better' - in the work they do, the career they build, the life they live and the difference they make. Whether it’s investing better wellbeing, inspiring better learning, building better relationships, or making a better impact on customers, a career at AIA will challenge you to find new ways to pursue your ‘better’.
AIA is committed to building a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive workforce for all employees to thrive in. Join us if you believe in creating a better tomorrow!