Reporting into the region's Chief Operating Officer ('COO') for Trading & Structuring within Markets, this newly created Associate level position will support the COO in overseeing and supporting the trading desks across the APAC region. The principal asset classes covered include FX, Rates, Credit and Asset Backed Finance. The candidate will be involved in such things as strategic planning, new products and licenses, system upgrades / enhancements, regulatory reforms, audits, remediations, process and control mapping exercises etc. Success in this role centers on being proactive and detail and quality focused. The incumbent will be an individual contributor and will be expected to autonomously establish close partnerships with all trading desks and support and control functions (local and global) to ensure an effective operating environment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist strategic planning processes at the product and regional level
- Analyze 3rd party market data and help the desks compile new business cases
- Track business performance and produce management information as and when required
- Serve as a business subject matter expert on projects, remediations, committees etc.
- Serve as business analyst and / or project manager on initiatives
- Quarterback new product processes for the desks
- Deep dive issues / incidents - develop action plans and challenge support partners as necessary
- Identify operating and cost efficiencies across the Front-To-Back ('FTB') operating environment
- Monitor and manage direct and allocated expenses of the front office
- Assist in the development and implementation of regional policies and procedures
- Understand, champion and foster a robust risk and compliance environment
- Develop and maintain Business Continuity Plans for the trading desks
- Support the overall COO team
We Value Diversity
- University degree with a post graduate degree or other professional designation being advantageous
- 5+ years of working within or directly for a Markets business
- Understanding of FICC products and their execution channels
- Experience with trading, sales and structuring FTB processes and controls with exposure to APAC regulatory regimes
- Experience in running multiple concurrent projects and playing various roles within them (data analyst, BA, PM etc.)
- Detail orientated, proactive problem solver with strong numerical, verbal and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (VBA a plus) and PowerPoint
- Mandarin / Japanese language skills a plus, but not required
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.