1. Job Purpose:
The Relationship Manager is responsible to originate FI relationship (in-bound and out-bound), structure and execute transactions in coordination with product groups, network and support functions (compliance, legal, middle and back offices). In line with the bank’s wholesale banking network model, the RM’s main thrust is to originate relationship that generate remunerative group-wide returns aligning with bank’s prevailing return model and strategic direction, and agnostic to product and geography. Typically, the RM will be in-charge of a portfolio of clients and in this respect, maintain the credit quality, performance and all compliance aspects (regulatory, internal standard) of the portfolio. KPIs for this Front Office functions will include, among others, revenue target, client on-boarding target, product cross-sell, credit quality of portfolio, adherence to internal policies and procedures, compliance to all regulatory and internal standards.
2. Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
In terms of the responsibilities required for the successful delivery of the Asia business development, the following apply:
- Originate & execute industry leading, best-in-class wholesale banking products and solutions;
- Embrace the Originate-to-Distribute model consistent with the bank’s prevailing strategy
- Drive sustainable growth in Wholesale Banking business (income, balance sheet and profitability), aligned to the objectives to broaden and deepen the share of wallet in the Group Coverage Client base;
- To work collaboratively across all Group geographies, delivering “One-Bank” in product solutions and service delivery, and operating on a booking agnostic basis to the extent practicable;
- Drive a high-performance, Client-centric business culture focused on maximizing cross-border and cross-product opportunities for the Group;
- Agree aspirational annual client/portfolio budget with Group head of FI and Head of Asia/GM Singapore Branch.
- Proactively drive product execution and team performance across Group geographies, through regular pipeline reviews and year-end performance reviews;
- Proactively seek to increase the breadth and depth of Wholesale Banking knowledge, particularly in Transaction Banking, Financial Markets, Specialized Finance & Islamic Finance, through focused skills training;
- Drive a collaborative culture of process improvement and efficiency across the Group, to encourage improvements in key stakeholder functions such as Operations, Compliance, Finance, Risk, and Middle Office;
- Support the integration of Transaction Banking products into a cohesive Digital Banking platform in close coordination with Group IT, Group Operations and the Head of TB, Asia;
- Proactively manage the Financial Institutions portfolio in Asia to ensure alignment with the Bank’s Risk Appetite Statement, credit risk policies, Compliance policies, and strategic KPI parameters agreed with the Head of Asia/GM Singapore;
- Support Group Coverage in the development of comprehensive Client plans, by providing input/analysis on targeted Wholesale Banking opportunities across the Client base, and participate in regular Client plan reviews to ensure a culture of discipline and accountability of delivery against plans;
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of Group Wholesale Banking Product Guidelines, Policies and Procedures in coordination with Business, Compliance, Operations, Credit Risk, Middle Office and Legal;
- As appropriate and under the guidance of Head of Asia/GM Singapore, represent the product line to the external market to drive origination, brand-awareness and market confidence amongst key Group Coverage Clients, banking market, regulators etc.
- In collaboration with the Global Head of FI and Head of Asia & GM Singapore, to ensure the development, and execution, of a clear Asia strategy that is aligned to the strategy of global Wholesale Banking, and specifically to the Asia geography and Group Coverage Team strategies around the targeted Client base;
- Regularly assess the Group competitive position in core markets, feedback and work towards enhancements to the Group Wholesale Banking business by adopting best market practices wherever possible;
- Contribute actively to the development and implementation of a best-in-class solution of Credit and Lending, Transaction Banking, Specialized Finance and Financial Markets, to support a broadening and deepening of Group Coverage Client base
- Drive Business-Support initiatives with regular reviews of performance/efficiencies and solutions/dependencies respectively.
- Provide leadership and share experience with Middle and Back Office staff across Group geographies to ensure smooth execution, transparency, and collaboration;
- To assist the relevant senior members of the Singapore management team to effectively manage the overall regulatory position of Wholesale Banking business within satisfactory parameters.
3. Job Requirements:
Education / Certifications
- Well educated with at least a BA / B in business administration, accountancy, finance, economics or equivalent; additional tertiary qualifications would be considered as a plus.
- A minimum of 8 years’ professional experience of which 5 years in banking FIs or related areas. Experience in project management will be an added advantage.