Job Purpose and Impact
The Senior Merchant handle a supplier base and fulfill transactions delivering commodities that meet production requirements and specifications in terms of timing, volume, quantity and cost. In this role, you will buy and sell commodities from and to country elevators, producers and processors. Key Accountabilities
- Drive regional and global stakeholders to achieve following objectives:
- Develop business + strategic customer/suppler/partner development
- Create and execute framework to capture analytics and insight and ensure communication and sharing of opportunities within team
- Formulate and drive execution of trading game plans
- Drive commercial strategy, risk management and trading game plans for Feed sector products ( corn, soybeanmeal etc.) through coordination of premiums and freight risk trading in line with Joint Account structure. Support slate trading when necessary to express/manage directional price risk. Represent region in global meal and corn product lines forums to provide regional perspective on S&D/analytics, trading and execution capabilities, and generate new and innovative thinking around improving PL cash franchise and earnings.
- Be the voice of CASC in the region for corn with other stakeholders such as trade execution, trade product control, world trading group, market risk team etc and to ensure Cargill and CASC commercial/trading interests in the region are maximized/adequately represented
- Be the primary Trading point of contact with Trade Execution(TE) and Trade Product Control(TPC) to ensure best practices and continuous improvement in risk assessment/visualization and TE operations
- Collaborate with transportation and logistics, quality assurance, customer managers and credit manager to ensure efficient execution.
- Originate, procure and sell commodities and livestock to regional customers to reach target volumes and gain revenue.
- Generate market, position and profit and loss reports based on data and specialty reports gathered by junior team members.
- Research and analyze various freight opportunities in the marketplace to maximize margin.
- Work directly with customers, suppliers and business counterparts to develop business solutions to meet their needs.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum of four years of related work experience
• Other minimum qualifications may apply
• Agricultural commodity markets background preferably with experience in Corn/NGFI/pulses/specialty feed products/animal feed
• Competent in commodity price risk management with sound understanding of trading concepts
• Competent understanding of commodity supply chains and ocean transportation