Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive. Job Purpose and Impact
Trade & Capital Markets (TCM) complements the efforts of Cargill commodity business units by providing financial solutions to Cargill's business partners (suppliers and buyers). TCM's experience and expertise in global financial markets aid in mitigating documentary, cross-border and credit risks associated with structured trade finance. TCM plays a key role in funding the global operations of Cargill through cross-border funding structures and the management of transferability and convertibility risks. In addition to structured trade finance and internal funding, TCM also leverages Cargill's international trade flows to create trade structures that provide funding to emerging market-based financial institutions and corporations.
The Settlement Analyst will execute and administer all aspects of Trade and Capital Markets ("TCM") activities in a timely and accurate manner. We seek a professional to help ensure compliance to the established guidelines and procedures in relation to the settlement activities for trade, commodity and project finance transactions Key Accountabilities
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- Manage and execute all aspects of trade settlement including but not limited to preparation and execution of documents based on approved templates, issuance of trade finance instruments, accurate, complete, timely capture of deals in the trade inventory system, in adherence to the TCM Standard Operating Procedures and Guidelines,
- Develop a thorough understanding of transactions handled including the key risks and controls associated with each, and relevant tax & legal implications.
- Ensure complete understanding of transaction specifics, including data integrity, documentation, and settlement processes as well as the attributes of the relevant market and geography.
- Coordinate and align with external and internal stakeholders on settlement matters and discuss/resolve execution issues, provide assistance as necessary.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate stakeholders.
- Assist other team members in obtaining a deeper understanding of transactions and processes through informal, on-the-job training opportunities
- Assist in transaction file reviews within defined timelines.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum at least two to four years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Exposure to forwarding operations of Commodity Trading company and/or commodity finance and related documentation
- Familiar with ICC publications and use of various types of instruments including LCs, Bills of Exchange, SBLCs, BGs, etc
- Experience in loan administration in a financial institution
- Know the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, focusing on continuous improvement.
- Make sense of complex, high-quantity, and sometimes contradictory, information to effectively solve problems.
- Build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, yet able to work independently
- Strong attention to detail, with thoroughness and accuracy at work
- Good organizational skills with the ability to perform well under pressure and manage multiple priorities
- Proven ability/initiative to independently analyze and solve complex problems
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world. Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today: