Summer Internship Program
Securities Services and Digital
Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance and technology.We areone of theworld's top asset management and banking firms that manages $2.3 trillion in assets with $45.5 trillion under custody and/oradministration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into thenew era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead and drive newideas at every turn. Today,we'remore than 50k+ employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks,experiment and be yourself.
Securities Services and Digital (SSD) includes our Asset Servicing, Corporate Trust and Depositary Receipts businesses and Digital, an enterprise function.
Asset Servicing provides global custody, fund services, integrated middle-office solutions, transfer agency, and data and analytics solutions to many of the world's largest asset managers and asset owners. The services we deliver range from the foundational - we run clients' operations - to consultative, where we orchestrate solutions that enable clients to make smarter investment decisions and serve investors better. Services we offer include:
- Custody or the settling and safekeeping of a variety of investment assets, from traditional to digital
- Fund accounting and administrative services, such as net-asset-value oversight and contingency, and fund start-up solutions
- Data and analytics solutions that help clients make smarter investment decisions
Corporate Trust is one of the world's largest trustees for corporate, municipal, and structured credit securities, providing local and cross-border market expertise in the debt capital markets. Debt issuance enables public and private institutions to fund operations and make investments, create infrastructure, or deliver public services. As trustee or paying agent, Corporate Trust services all major debt classes, helping issuers achieve their financing goals.
Depositary Receipts are securities issued for trading in any market that represent a foreign company's shares. These can be used to list on stock exchanges around the world, raise capital, and/or meet the specific needs for issuers and investors. BNY Mellon is one of the top depositary banks that can keep assets or securities on behalf of a clients. The services we provide to our clients are inclusive of the following:
- Issuance and cancellation agent for receipt holders
- Registrar and transfer agent for registered depository receipt holders
- Corporate action agent for depository receipt holders.
Digital is responsible for mapping our digital future by investing in digital capabilities, including analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, blockchain and others. Our team maximizes the impact of investments in digital capabilities, through the development of new service offerings / products as well as enhance the client experience. The team aims to accelerate the bank's innovation strategy.
To run and operate each business above, our organization is reliant on a wide range of teams inclusive of: Business Development, Relationship Management, Client Service Delivery, Corporate partners (HR, Operations, Finance, Technology), etc. It is an optimal time to be a part of the SSD team as we are market leaders with strong global partnerships across the industry. We lead with innovation and trust and are committed to collaborating with our clients to transform the financial services industry for the future.
Summer Internship Program
BNY Mellon's Summer Internship Program (SIP) provides high-potential students with a well-rounded, rewarding internship experience as well as an inside look into what it's like to work for a global financial services organization that has been innovating and serving clients since 1784.With projects specifically chosen to both challenge and develop skills of SIP participants, our summer analysts will gain valuable real-world experiences working collaboratively on teams in Securities Services and Digital.
From day one, summer analysts are immersed in BNY Mellon's innovative and dynamic company culture as they will receive:
- Background and understanding of BNY Mellon
- Impactful and challenging internship assignments
- Networking opportunities with peers, senior leaders, and executives
- Exposure and interaction with different business functions
- Fundamental trainings for professionals in financial services
- Understanding of BNY Mellon's commitment to diversity and inclusion
Program at a Glance:
- 10-week summer internship assignment within Securities Services and Digital combines learning with skill development through practical work and projects
- Five-day in-person orientation/onboarding and training curriculum
- Career development and networking support from a host of corporate leaders including rotation assignment managers, senior mentors, peer mentors, business stakeholders and dedicated program support
- Opportunities to enhance and develop technical and business acumen skills/expertise, enhance leadership abilities, and build networks across the organization
- Programs and shadowing opportunities to learn about different job functions
- Small, selective program size that allows for more personal attention and support
- Commitment from top-level management to make our program the premier internship/talent pipeline program within the financial services industry
Successful Securities Services and Digital Interns can receive an offer to join the Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) or direct offers in their summer Securities Services and Digital business function upon graduation. The ELP Program is a 12-month leadership development program that offers training, exposure, and hands-on learning opportunities to future BNY Mellon leaders.
- Enrollment in a 4-year undergraduate degree program with a strong focus on business-related and/or technology-related majors;
- Rising senior during summer 2023;
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better;
- Well-rounded and balanced background including demonstrated leadership abilities;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Not require sponsorship for employment visa status (now or in the future) in the region where they apply.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.