The Role Responsibilities Scope of Role
To support Regional Treasurer in management of liquidity and interest rate risk in banking book ("IRRBB") activities in SG, including compliance with policies, control frameworks setup, and exposures monitoring and analysis.
Support Regional Treasury liquidity team implement relevant policies and standards for liquidity and IRRBB across countries of responsibility and be subject matter expert for local country stakeholders. Key Responsibilities
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Assist Director Country Liquidity for oversight/review of all applicable Liquidity and IRRBB exposure/reports for country of responsibility.
- Support team delivery for Ad-hoc projects related to Liquidity and IRRBB policies and model implementations in SG and subsidiaries.
- Support Regional Treasurer and CCFO in their responsibility and accountability on internal and regulatory liquidity and IRRBB compliance.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting and monitoring of Liquidity and IRRBB exposures.
- Support Country Liquidity team in being the main contact point/guidance for liquidity and IRRBB issues.
- Assist to deliver deep dive analysis as required to Regional Treasurer and committees on liquidity and IRRBB risk arising from regulatory requirements and business initiatives.
- Support the implementation of policies & control standards set by risk control owners and policy owners where appropriate.
- Assist Regional Treasurer in providing direction from policy perspective for SG and its subsidiaries to ensure appropriate implementation of policies/methodologies/controls related to liquidity and IRRBB.
- Contribute to the adequacy and effectiveness of the systems, controls and procedures relating to liquidity and IRRBB management.
- Keep abreast of the regulatory developments and ensure compliance.
- Manage regulatory and internal/external audit reviews and ensure no adverse comments.
- Assist in preparation and submissions of required reports to regulators and onshore committees.
- Support projects/initiatives which have impact on liquidity and IRRBB management framework and processes.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients, Effective Financial Markets, Financial Crime Compliance, The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Central / Regional Treasury teams, Treasury Markets teams, CCFO's, CCIB and CPBB teams in SG
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Finance / Accounting or in a quantitative area.
- 5+ Years' experience in Treasury / Liquidity
- Experience in regulatory or internal liquidity reporting
- Strong understanding of liquidity metrics (LCR, NSFR etc) and IRRBB
- Experience in balance sheet analysis / optimisation / ALCO
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong ownership over work, inquisitive and able to function independently
About Standard Chartered
- Liquidity monitoring and review
- Balance sheet analysis
- Strong governance mindset
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge, and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see better in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial, and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual, and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers