APAC Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries, Business Manager, Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential.
Commercial Banking ("CB"), one of JPMorgan Chase & Co's four lines of businesses, provides a full range of services including lending, treasury services, investment banking, commercial card and asset management products to meet its clients' domestic and international financial needs. Through a network of 125 offices and approximately 8,000 employees, CB serves over 19,000 clients nationally, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit entities, with annual revenue generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion, and over 37,000 real estate clients, owners and investors.
The Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries (CCBSI) business focuses on North American, European, and most recently, Asia Pacific companies typically with revenues of over $500mm which require traditional banking services in addition to investment banking products. The business, organized into regional and industry verticals, partners with investment bankers, credit and other product partners to offer customized and complex financing solutions to our clients.
The CCBSI Finance and Business Management (F&BM) team is responsible for the organization, delivery, and execution of both strategic and tactical initiatives to support the business. The team partners closely with the CCBSI geographic and industry groups, CCBSI senior management, and key product and functional partners through various initiatives.
The Business Management Associate will work under the direction of CCBSI's International Business Managers to support projects and initiatives pertaining to CCBSI's expansion into Europe and Asia, as well as managing ongoing business needs. The role offers a platform to potentially grow and develop into a Business Manager role, or other roles within F&BM. Key Responsibilities:
• Support Business Managers in partnership efforts with leadership, including Head of CCBSI International, Europe Head or Asia Head via tactical and strategic assistance to help drive their businesses, including
o Assisting with key business management functions including project management, analysis of sales/management reporting and ad-hoc requests
o Gaining exposure and building knowledge of financial results and other data to understand business drivers to support opportunities to grow the business
o Helping manage the group's portfolio by supporting strategic targeting efforts from a tactical perspective, and by executing data maintenance and client transfers between lines of business
• Engage with bankers, treasury teams, and other key business partners to gather input, insights and data that feeds into reporting leveraged by CCBSI, senior management in CB, and senior partners across the firm
• Provide support to bankers as it pertains to Dashboard and reporting questions including researching issues
• Assist with select CCBSI-wide Business Management efforts under the direction of Business Managers
• Act as a local extension of F&BM by facilitating communication with the business, supporting F&BM efforts and working on joint projects (based on need)
• Across all responsibilities
o Identify areas for continued process improvement and enhance efficiencies by generating innovative ideas and solutions
o Analysis and reporting of key trends and themes for senior audiences
o Prepare presentation materials to be shared with management, business groups and other relevant stakeholders Key Skills Required:
• Execution and organizational skills - Well-developed organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and priorities. Able to quickly and effectively respond to rapidly changing business needs and urgent requests. Able to explore innovative ways to perform tasks in an efficient and timely manner. Must be proactive, detail and results-oriented, and willing to drive change. Strong time management and follow-up skills; flexibility, ability to prioritize requests and multi-task.
• Communications skills - Must possess strong verbal and written communications skills with ability to present updates, requests, ideas and other communications in a professional, clear and concise manner. Proactively provides timely updates to Business Managers and others while working on projects/tasks.
• Problem solving skills - Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities coupled with the ability to identify issues, gather and manipulate data, obtain consensus and implement change. Able to outline work process in a thoughtful and detailed manner. Intellectually curious with a genuine interest in knowledge gathering and problem solving.
• Technical and analytical skills - Able to produce accurate, error-free analysis and reporting. Applies knowledge of the business and its drivers to ensure that the groups' analyses are sound. Capable of synthesizing large amounts of data in Excel and from internal systems to develop strategic conclusions
• Interpersonal skills - Speaks and acts with the appropriate level of confidence and empowerment; demonstrates professional assertion. Ability to partner with Business Managers and actively listens to instructions, feedback and viewpoints from others while proactively seeking feedback. Able to collaborate with individuals across the business to achieve goals, while proactively looking for opportunities to continue building strong internal relationships. Qualifications:
• Minimum 2-3 years of work experience
• Investment/Commercial banking or management consulting experience preferred
• Business management and/or project management experience preferred
• Expertise in Excel and PowerPoint (PitchPro)
• Familiarity with internal JPMC systems (e.g. Client Central, CKC, Dash) is a plus
• A/BS degree is strongly encouraged