APAC Infrastructure Service Delivery Regional Manager, Vice President
As an experienced Technology Operations professional, your vision and initiative will drive the development of a world-class technology strategy. Leading a high-performing team of creative problem solvers, you'll spearhead tactical changes that enhance processes and productivity across the firm, overseeing the optimization of existing technology solutions while developing new capabilities. Using industry best practices, you'll assess management teams and identify new business opportunities, while ensuring that information controls, plus back-up and recovery strategies, are in place across all environments. Your feedback will foster the ongoing skill development and capabilities of top performers to optimize outcomes. In addition to facilitating collaboration across teams internally, you'll also cultivate meaningful relationships with our global clients and business partners to deliver on strategic priorities.
The APAC Regional Service Delivery Manager function within the Asset Wealth Management Technology organization has accountability for all End User Technology consumables including: desktop, voice, network, file and print, market data, collaboration, mobility products, projects, initiatives, and white glove executive support for the AP Asset Management businesses. This position will be based in our Singapore office. This position will report directly to the AWM Regional Head of Infrastructure & EUT/Service Delivery Management. This position will also require partnering with other AWM technology staff in the region to provide premium service delivery services to the AWM business in the APAC region.
This role requires a wide variety or strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of performance metrics and reporting, technical problem resolution, and risk management
- Experience gathering and analyzing data to effect meaningful change in areas that need improvement
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design, and business processes
- Exceptional coaching abilities that foster top talent and promote a culture of excellence
- Ability to communicate and drive the strategic direction of the firm, delivering technology solutions that meet internal and external needs
- Expertise prioritizing customer experience, reviewing feedback, hosting customer forums and focus groups to proactively address the needs of the customer
- Ability to drive performance and develop teams - recruit diverse talent, run disciplined performance reviews, and regularly collaborate and check-in on priorities to help focus on key results
- Effectively collaborate with peer group to identify and highlight best practices in support through continuous assessment and elevate process and product recommendations to senior managers
- Provide a stable and resilient operating environment. Emphasis shall be applied toward maximizing the potential of all available resources, expanding the capabilities and productivity of technical staff, and continuing to improve upon past performance. Proactively identify gaps in process, and offer ideas for improvement in areas that require remediation or enhancement
- 10 years of IT experience and related management experience in multiple business and technical processes
- Excellent customer service skills at all levels including the general user base through to senior business management.
- Previous experience of managing major technology incidents - troubleshooting, information gathering, coordinating, and handling senior stakeholder and end- user communications.
- Knowledge of Market Data Services (Bloomberg, Reuters, Thomson, etc.).
- Supporting proprietary applications that have been developed in-house.
- A proficient knowledge of network and telecoms technologies is essential along with a sound understanding of distributed infrastructure technologies (database, middleware, Internet, etc.).
- Blackberry / Mobile Phone / iPad support experience is a must have requirement.
- Strong end user technology background with desktop, IP based phone systems, desktop productivity tools, mobile solutions, market data experience
- Strong experience with trading environments
- Flexible team player with also the ability to work independently
- The ability to work under pressure and the ability to support senior business leaders with high demands/needs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent experience in managing professional services vendors
- Good influencing/negotiation skills