APAC Operational Risk Business Oversight - Transformation, Analytics, and Governance Team Lead
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
The Role The TAG (Transformation, Analytics and Governance) oversight leader is responsible for coordinating across the APAC Operational Risk Business Oversight (ORBO) team to maintain and sustain internal routines such as audit and exam coordination, issue management, team meetings, new team member on-boarding, and management reporting. Key responsibilities include:
- Horizontal analytics evaluation and assessment activities
- Develop and execute regional/local/legal entity-wide analysis of OR data to identify notable OR trends requiring coordinated action planning, and opportunities for greater consistency in similar business functions. The team will leverage a wide variety of data elements to perform the horizontal evaluation, including (but not limited to) risks, issues, testing results, self-assurance results, and business process information
- Drive greater consistency in business process design through evaluation of processes across the regional OBRO team and influencing change.
- Execute the identification of regional/local/legal entity-wide OR trends or themes, and drive coordinated action planning to address risks and issues.
- Direct the supporting Data Analytics and Intelligence to develop and deliver meaningful solutions in support of Business Oversight objectives.
- Governance Oversight coordination activities
- risk reporting routines to keep APAC Head of Operational Risk and International Head of Operational Risk informed and support OBRO discussion with key stakeholders
- Review, analyze and challenge Operational Risk Program and/or policy enhancements for potential conflicts, alignment to other IRM activities, and work with APAC Business Oversight team to assess Front Line feasibility.
- Develop and execute regular information sharing routines across APAC Business Oversight and APAC Risk Coverage Program Leaders.
- Develop and orchestrate a sustainable governance / credible challenge calendar
- Business manager activities
- Coordinate across the APAC ORBO team to maintain and sustain internal routines such as audit and exam coordination, issue management (owned by ORBO), team meetings, new team member on-boarding.
- Lead coordination across APAC OBRO team for any audit or exam activities
- Execute issue management activities including on-going monitoring of actions owned by the OBRO team, and the capture of status updates in SHRP
- Develop and maintain internal team meeting cadence to enable on-going information sharing
- Develop and maintain region specific training materials for team member on-boarding
- Support OBRO leaders with staff planning inclusive of resource assessments and recruiting
- Assists the APAC Head of Operational Risk with financial plans and associated tracking (as needed)
- Drive key initiatives and special projects to improve OBRO routines and to ensure alignment with enterprise policies and local regulatory requirements/commitments
- Drive the development and maintenance of internal tools such as Shared Drives, SharePoint sites or other key repositories to enable Business Oversight teams
- Transformation activities
- Develop and drive a consistent operating model for the APAC ORBO team.
- Lead the development and definition of roles and responsibilities for the OBRO function, in alignment with the Risk Management Framework and Risk Target Operating Model.
- Drive the development and execution of a consistent operating model for the Business Oversight function through defined programs, common reporting protocols, developed oversight routines, and effective governance.
- Define and implement sustainable engagement models between the Front Line, OBRO , and other applicable Risk Types.
- Develop and implement reporting protocols for reporting OBRO results to key stakeholders.
Market Skills and Certifications
This position will primarily partner with internal, Corporate Risk stakeholders, but will have some engagement with senior management from all three lines of defense, as well as relevant regulatory agencies.
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Exceptional ability to partner and collaborate with a breadth of stakeholders and constituents
- Executive presence, high energy, ability to manage complexity and a broad scope
- Proven ability as an effective and compelling communicator
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to clearly communicate ideas and results.
Leadership, integrity, and credibility will be determining factors in selection. Successful candidates will be articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability. It requires a leader with strong relationship management and execution skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Deep understanding of risk framework, corporate/business policies, and programs
- Meaningful knowledge across enterprise risk management framework, including: risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders and regulators, to include virtual, matrixed leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage and build relationships within the enterprise Risk function.
- Proven leadership to drive alignment across stakeholder groups
- Proven ability to proactively manage and resolve conflict and effectively defend decisions with objective rationale
- Demonstrated leadership ability that embodies the Wells Fargo Vision and Values and leadership competencies
- Flexibility and business savvy to navigate a complex, highly-matrixed organization.
- Experience communicating with senior-level management, regulators, and auditors.
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.