AVP, Data Scientist, Consumer Banking Group
Who we are
The Consumer Banking Group Data management team drives the implementation of machine learning solutions to enable key business priorities across our six key markets. We develop large scale machine learning solutions to be deployed into production to drive customer experience, enable product sales and engagement. We want to push the boundary on data and AI and create meaningful solutions that can help and assist our customers and differentiate DBS from the competition. Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- The Data Scientist will be a contributor to one of DBS Bank's most ambitious and exciting digital transformation initiatives, which consists of using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to provide ultimate customer experience to our millions of DBS customers across the region.
- The Data scientist will be involved in building cutting edge algorithms and working with state-of-art data science and machine learning tools such as Spark, Tensor Flow and will have mastery in any number of analytic platforms like SAS, SQL, Python, R. etc.
- Use standards and best practices for testing and production deployment of machine learning and AI solutions. Adopt governance and explain-ability frameworks for AI/ML solution review and monitoring.
- At least Bachelors degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operation Research, or equivalent quantitative fields preferred. Strong mathematical and statistics background.
- 5+ years of Data Science experience with at least 2 years in the Banking or Financial Services domain. Prior knowledge on investment-related banking products would be a plus.
- Knowledge of advanced modelling and key machine learning techniques for both supervised and unsupervised scenarios. Specific knowledge of recommendation systems would be a plus.
- Experience with data exploration and interpretation, including feature selection and creation, AB testing, statistical hypothesis testing and/or data visualisation
- Experience with manipulation of relational data (for example SQL tables or Dataframes)
- Strong technical knowledge in Python/PySpark related to both Machine Learning model development and deployment for large datasets.
- Familiarity with deployment tech stack, such as Jenkins, Nexus, Kubernetes; including some actual deployment experience for batch or real-time ML models in any platform.
- Ability to multitask, collaborate with different stakeholders and prioritize work for meeting competing deadlines.
- Strong oral and written presentation skills to communicate analytical findings with non-technical audience.
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 200 branches across 15 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS is a market leader in Singapore with over four million customers and also has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth, namely, Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's strong capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings that are among the highest in the Asia-Pacific region, earned it Global Finance's "Safest Bank in Asia" accolade for three consecutive years, in 2009, 2010 and 2011. Why Join Us?
DBS: Large, strong and growing
DBS is the largest bank in South East Asia and one of the strongest in the world. Coupled with a growing footprint in the three key axes of growth, namely Southeast Asia, South Asia and Greater China, DBS is uniquely positioned to capture numerous opportunities in the region.
For five consecutive years since 2009, Global Finance named DBS the "Safest bank in Asia", with credit ratings of "AA-" and "Aa1", among the highest in the Asia-Pacific region. With a resilient balance sheet and prudent financial management, it stands out as one of the few banks with the strength and confidence to grow both its revenues and its employees in an industry facing considerable uncertainty. Team / Exposure
Analytics is a key focus area for the CEO. The BA leadership works very closely with top management to realize the analytics agenda for the bank. The role will work alongside BA leadership, making regular presenting to senior management including C-level executives, thereby getting considerable exposure to the consumer bank leadership across the region Career growth
Given the rapidly growing importance of analytics in the industry and the sharp focus of DBS top management, strong performance in this role, demonstrating in-depth understanding and strong execution skills will set the incumbent on a trajectory to senior roles within the consumer banking group whether in analytics or in the business. DBS is confident that it will be able to provide a good performer with many opportunities to grow and develop as result of the strong internal mobility options and the bank's commitment to people development. Compensation
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.