AVP, Solution Engineer, Tech Services, Technology and Operations
- Not Specified
- Singapur, Singapore
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- DBS Bank Limited
- 14 Dez 18
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position,
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.Business Function Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
Job Purpose Objective of the role is to provide infrastructure engineering related solution for SG and regional business projects , ensuring compliance with the infrastructure engineering standard and security guidelines. Working together with application, infrastructure engineering and security SME to deliver infrastructure solution that resolve business project challenges. Delivering effective optimisation and automation on infrastructure related activities and processes.
- Delivering infrastructure engineering solution that complies with engineering standard and security guidelines and meet business requirements.
- Identify risk points, mitigate and assist in finding effective solutions.
- Promoting automation to reduce time to deliver and avoid mistake.
- Optimised end to end process of infrastructure related lifecycle, ie. from inception, solutioning, provisioning and readiness review.
- Understand the needs and requirements of the lines of business from a technology perspective to make necessary recommendations within the agreed SLA.
- Work on a global team of technical individuals to successfully drive improvements for new products + existing processes and workflows
- Partner with cross-functional teams such as Application, Security and Engineering to lead or contribute to large scale strategic projects.
- Self-identify gaps, problems, needs, and come up with robust solutions with relative independence
- Manage user expectations amicably to avoid escallations through constant and regular communications
- Maintain awareness of internal security and engineering standard and roadmap
- Continuously learn and update technical skills to be aware of the industry trends in engineering space.
- 6+ years of experience
- BA or BS in Engineering or quantitative disciplines such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems
- Proficiency in modern IT infrastructure space like VMware, Object store, Dockers and open source stacks yet have traditional technologies included AIX, VCS and etc.
- Proficiency on various technology related to infrastructure engineering, open source, virtualisation, cloud technology, etc.
- Some programming experience at least one of the languages (eg. Python, Puppet or Shell scripting)
- Critical thinking skills and creative problem solver
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Good in documentation skill
- Experience working with or in support of global communities
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects and driving initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Strong in planning and team work
- Familiar with Agile process in delivering project
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.