AVP / Senior Associate, SNOC & Incident Management, Tech Services, Technology & Operations
Business Function Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Job Purpose
- To ensure Incident Management processes are being followed to ensure quality services by managing the delivery services of support teams regionally
- To ensure notification and escalation to support and management, to ensure right level of attention is given
- To ensure robust and effective alert management operational model
- To establish and maintain a strong working relationship between TS and the line of business & align the IT strategy with business needs and objectives
- To transform and evolve to SRE
- Prevent reoccurrence of alerts and incident
- Proactively identify issues through incident and problem trending analysis
- Assist in workaround identification and resolution if needed
- Improve Mean Time To Detect (MTTD) / Mean Time To Repair (MTTR) of incident life cycles through process monitoring, automation and optimizing effort spent on various stage
- Enhance operational productivity through process automation
- Notifying the participants in the Incident Management process when standards and procedures are not being followed
- Rerouting misdirected Incidents that have not been handled in a timely manner
- Escalating issues in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Identifying incidents which need special attention or escalation
- Identifying exceptions and deviations, as well as management of these situations
- Notifying the participants in the process when standards and procedures are not being followed
- Facilitating the resolution of issues with items not complying with the process
- Overseeing creation and availability of process reports, analyzing reports
- Overseeing completeness and integrity of information collected to conduct daily operations
- Establishing measurements and targets to improve process effectiveness and efficiency
- Acting as an escalation focal point for all roles involved in the process
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- A good university degree, and preferably in relevant field of study; with majors in IT.
- Strong leadership and people oriented
- Ability to work under pressure (especially during incident/crisis management)
- Adaptable to dynamic/volatile environment and know when/how to take control during a crisis.
- Good communication skills (ability to communicate clearly with different levels of management/staff)
- Focus on the big picture and able to balance business and control requirements
- Able to manage challenges and know when to raise to senior management
- Good knowledge on the utilisation and management of IT-related hardware, software, data communication facilities, procedures and people.
- Good understanding of principles and processes of ITIL processes and discipline and adopting best practices into the current environment
- Sound knowledge in cost allocation/recovery methodologies
- Good knowledge of IT trends and directions and their implications to data centre operations
- Good problem management skills
- Supervise and manage a team of operation staff to ensure delivery of quality incident management services to the Bank.
- Work effectively and closely with technical support staff, regulators, other IT groups such as infrastructure & applications, architecture & engineering, Finance, internal and external auditors.