The Sales Support team acts as the primary contact group for sales desks and clients and provides the support & control infrastructure for the firm’s credit business in Asia. The team’s role is to minimize firm risk while achieving efficient processing for the market, OTC and client transactions. We are currently looking for Client support professional with derivatives experience to support our flow and structured businesses in Asia (ex-Japan).
Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its four business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking) and Merchant Banking. Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
Operations Asia ex-Japan provides support to the Sales & Trading Front Office and ensures that business activities are carried out in an efficient, controlled, risk-free and timely manner. The Asia ex-Japan region has over 150 people based in Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore and Taiwan.
The Sales Support team acts as the primary contact group for sales desks and clients and provides the support & control infrastructure for the firm’s credit business in Asia. The team’s role is to minimize firm risk while achieving efficient processing for the market, OTC and client transactions.
We are currently looking for Client support professional with derivatives experience to support our flow and structured businesses in Asia (ex-Japan).
- Sales support role in Singapore supporting mainly FID and Equity Sales desks in AEJ region, which involves exposure to Fixed Income / Equity derivatives products traded by Sales with external clients
- Fixed Income / Equity product coverage includes FX, OTC derivatives, Cash Equity and Fixed Income Cash securities such as government and corporate debt products
- Responsible for trade processing for these products, including procedural, control and risk management for the processes
- Review trade processes seek to streamlining, and automation opportunities to improve operational efficiency and ensure procedures performed in a robust and controlled environment
- Manage relationships with sales teams and trading desks, and business partners such as Global Operation Counterparts and Technology
- Manage relationships with external clients, including email and phone query management, initiate client visits for operational review and present MIS reports during client meetings
Key Experience & Skills
- 2-3 years’ experience in Fixed Income / Equity, especially derivatives products. Experience of Interest rate Swaps and Options and FX products would be a plus
- University degree in Banking and Finance / Economics or related discipline
- A self-starter with strong attention to details, ability to multitask and enjoys problem-solving
- Strong analytic skills and ability to learn quickly on new products and systems. Can thrive in a challenging and continually changing environment
- A dynamic and hardworking person with a strong character and excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent spoken and written English is essential; proficient in Mandarin & Cantonese is an added advantage as this role requires reviewing of documentations in Chinese & interaction with clients based in Singapore and Hong Kong
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
Regional Disclaimers / Diversity Statement
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.