Our Client is one of the world's most international banks with over 1,100 branches, offices and outlets in 67 countries. They operate in some of the world's most dynamic markets and have been for over 150 years. More than 90 per cent of their income and profits are derived from Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Their brand promise, Here for good, underlines their distinctive approach. The role holder will work as a member of a global team to support and manage the product governance framework.
- Help the Group meet its commitment of being “Here for Good” by building a sustainable governance framework that places new product governance best practice standards, and a culture of appropriate conduct at the forefront of the Group’s agenda.
- As an independent first line risk control function, execute the relevant aspects of the Product Governance framework through robust independent risk control and the provision of specialist advice and constructive challenge in a manner proportionate to the nature, scale and complexity of the Group’s business.
- Proactively support and challenge the Group’s businesses and functions to exhibit appropriate conduct, comply with policy requirements and strive to achieve fair outcome for the Group’s clients.
- Maintain independence, deliver timely responses, and timely escalation of risks and issues where they feel risk management tolerance of the firm are exceeded.
- Promote the culture and practice of compliance with policy standards (including conducting business within regulatory requirements, and to high ethical standards) within the Bank and embed a Here for good culture and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the development and maintenance of cross border marketing framework to facilitate cross border business and assist in managing the legal, tax and regulatory risks emanating from such cross border activity.
- Coordinate the approvals from all relevant risk management functions (i.e. legal, tax, compliance, operations, credit, etc.) for unusual and exceptional transactions.
- Assist investigations into potential unauthorised and off-strategy transactions.
- Assist in overseeing the Onshore/Offshore framework of the Group.
- Assist in the provision of oversight across product governance and cross border client engagement, ensuring compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local laws and other applicable laws (e.g. laws governing securities activities, company law) and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
- Demonstrate ability to deliver ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Assist in enhancing end-to-end controls by being a conduit of escalation, and resolution, of product governance risk matters to the Global Head.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a top tier bank or relevant experience obtained in the industry
- Relevant experience in new product governance, project governance or operational risk management
- Strong knowledge of the businesses, markets, financial products and management of policies, procedures, and processes
- Excellent organisation skills with ability to manage and prioritise multiple deliverables across the globe
- Ability to deliver initiatives by driving collaboration and participation from different stakeholders
- Ability to foster positive relationships with stakeholders of different levels
- Strong communication and influencing skills