This is a 12 month contract for a global corporate and investment bank
The Markets Application Production Services (MAPS) group is a global group responsible for the management of production systems across Global Markets Technology. The group works closely with the business and provides application support. The group interacts with the development and infrastructure teams to manage all changes to the production environment. MAPS has a strong focus on operational excellence and process improvement.
- Responsible for providing a stable platform for a range of data related applications across Equities and FICC globally with focus to users in the Asia Pacific region
- Manage the key stakeholders from Equities ARC and FICC KDB applications
- Provide day-to-day application support which includes answering user queries, monitoring applications, reviewing and planning of system changes and server upgrades
- Interact closely with regional and global business users and other groups in Technology to ensure issues are addressed and communicated in a timely manner.
- Drive the incident management process to ensure timely update to business, get the right people for root cause investigation, troubleshoot production issues to identify root causes and track issues to their completion.
- Work closely with developers and business analysts who are not in the region to plan system rollout and application updates, provide feedback on production system performance, and investigate production problems and identify solutions.
- Good understanding of ITIL methodology (ITIL certifications foundation or above preferred)
- Strong knowledge of KDB, UNIX (Linux) and scripting languages like Shell, Perl, and python with automation experience.
- Good knowledge of Databases (like MS SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase etc.) and Messaging Middleware (MQ, MSMQ, Kafka, Apache Storm)
- Good knowledge of job scheduler like Autosys and log searching tool Splunk.
- Strong verbal and communication skills are required, along with being able to work with development and support teams across different regions.
- A good team player, but also able to work independently with strong problem solving skills and work well in matrix management environments.
- Expertise in ITRS Monitoring tool, creating new alerts, creating dashboards would be ideal.