Application Support, Trade Management Team
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The candidate will be part of Application Support team within Investment Banking IT. The role is located in our Singapore offices and offers close proximity to development and QA teams for the same set of applications. The culture of the organization is transitioning to a Dev/ops model a key success factor of the role will be to reduce the manual operate activities (Toil) and risk thereby increasing efficiency and reliability of the services provided.
• Field support queries from users (front office, external clients and internal operations and technology groups) in Asia and globally.
• Take ownership for, investigate, log/track and resolve 2nd level support queries. This will involve an understanding of the systems supported as well as the underlying business concepts.
• Assess the relative severity and impact of incidents on the business and external clients and remediate appropriately.
• Pro-actively identify areas where support queries can be reduced; and identify, document and potentially implement solutions.
• Proactively monitor application and pre-empt issues, ensuring minimal down time and delivery against service levels
• Accurately record incidents and their resolution and use this to facilitate route cause analysis and permanently fix repeat problems.
• Communicate status and resolution of issues on a timely basis to users and technologists, escalating where appropriate to management.
• Communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
• Develop and maintain relationships with other technology teams including other global support / business lines, application development, QA and infrastructure (e.g. DBA, server teams, web services, etc.) teams.
• Build and maintain positive relationships with users, including front office and other internal groups.
• Position will involve some shift work on a rota basis, with weekend and holiday coverage sometimes required. Support team provides business coverage from 7am-11pm
• Travel to other offices may be required.
Your future colleagues
The Trade Management (TM) Technology group is responsible for: Collecting accurate and validated trades into the TM stores such as DTD, FIRM and Fidessa Providing Trade Management functions such as post trade activity including trade capture, lifecycle event management, workflow, regulatory reporting, exception management and position management Standardizing the trade data models & controls ensuring coherency & integrity Enforcement of front to back trade and business flow efficiency and measuring progress against agreed indicators to target state. Reporting on C&C volumes and highlight high risk amendments for supervisory review Application Support Group (ASG) handles the production environment and provides support for Trade Management applications globally. Our team operates globally and are located in London, New York, Raleigh, Singapore, Mumbai and Pune ASG is responsible for the full production environment from user facing business support, to batch and system monitoring, change/ release management & deployment, environment management, metrics & Key Performance Indicators, capacity-planning, automation of manual support processes and service level management with the user base.
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values. You Offer
To excel in this role, you should possess:
- Good degree in a numerate field (for example, Computer Science, Electronics, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, Finance, Economics).
- ITIL certification
- Understanding of the full software development lifecycle.
- Relevant experience in application support in a Front Office/ Trading environment.
- Knowledge of financial markets
- Technical skills including SQL(Oracle/Sybase/MS SQL Server), DB, Shell/Python/Perl Scripting
- Monitoring & automation tools
- Understanding of enterprise systems
- Demonstrated ability to support demanding users with ability to handle pressure.
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to operate in a globally distributed team environment
- Demonstrable ability to assimilate and apply information rapidly and effectively
- Willingness to learn both the technology and business.
- Self-starter with experience of ability to multi-task, being able to prioritize and follow through on tasks.
- Uses initiative and creativity in solving issues.
- Willingness to work on a shift basis/flexible hours
Core technical skills (preferably one as minimum) in addition to the above:
- 5-8 years' experience in software development and product support using
- Core Java 5 (or above) and Weblogic 9.2 or higher
- .Net platform / C#, Python
- Advanced PL/SQL concepts such as bulk loading, Oracle replication, AWR reports, Oracle Replication
- Experience in Fidessa platform would be a big plus
Good to have:
- Experience in development or support in OTC Derivatives/Cash Equities business line
- Equity / Credit / Swaps / Listed Options and Futures product knowledge
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.