Apps Support Sr Analyst
The Apps Support Sr Analyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits. Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual. Responsibilities:
- The Application Support Senior Analyst provides technical and business support for users of Citi Applications. This includes providing quick resolutions to app issues, driving stability, efficiency and effectiveness improvements to help us and the business succeed.
- Maintains application systems that have completed the development stage and are running in the daily operations of the firm.
- Manages, maintains and supports applications and their operating environments, focusing on stability, quality and functionality against service level expectations.
- Start of day checks, continuous monitoring, and regional handover.
- Perform same day risk reconciliations
- Develop and maintain technical support documentation.
- Assess risk and impact of production issues and escalate to business and technology management in a timely manner.
- Ensures that storage and archiving procedures are in place and functioning correctly
- Formulates and defines scope and objectives for complex application enhancements and problem resolution
- Reviews and develops application contingency planning to ensure availability to users.
- Partners with appropriate development and production support areas to prioritize bug fixes and support tooling requirements.
- Participate in application releases, from development, testing and deployment into production.
- Engages in post implementation analysis to ensure successful system design and functionality.
- Considers implications of the application of technology to the current environment. Identifies risks, vulnerabilities and security issues; communicates impact.
- Ensures essential procedures are followed and helps to define operating standards and processes.
- Act as a liaison between users/operations, interfacing internal technology groups and vendors.
- Expected to be able to raise problems to appropriate technology and business teams, while adhering to Service Level Agreements.
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations.
- Directly impacts the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related work teams.
- Exhibits sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information.
- Active involvement in and ownership of Support Project items, covering Stability, Efficiency, and Effectiveness initiatives.
- 5-8 years experience in an Application Support role.
- Experience installing, configuring or supporting business applications.
- Experience with some programming languages and willingness/ability to learn.
- Advanced execution capabilities and ability to adjust quickly to changes and re-prioritization
- Effective written and verbal communications including ability to explain technical issues in simple terms that non-IT staff can understand.
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Issue tracking and reporting using tools
- Knowledge/ experience of problem Management Tools.
- Good all-round technical skills
- Effectively share information with other support team members and with other technology teams
- Ability to plan and organize workload
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate appropriately to relevant stakeholder
- Technical skills on AIX, Linux, Oracle
- Middleware : Supported Websphere, Java and IHS applications
- Messaging : Supporting MQ and NDM
- Experience in Autosys Job Scheduling and Setup.
- Good understanding of network topology, Firewalls and Load balancers
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
Technology Job Family:
Applications Support Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting