Asia Pacific Head of Distribution, Digital and Marketing Technology
Overview of Role
As the APAC Head of Distribution, Digital and Marketing Technology you will be part of the Senior IT Management team at Schroders and report regionally into the Asia Pacific Head of Technology and Change and globally into the Global Head of Digital, Distribution and Marketing Technology. In addition, you will have matrix reporting into the heads of Distribution/Marketing and Digital technology in London. You will be responsible for the leadership and day-to-day management of the Asia Pacific Digital, Distribution and Marketing technology team and on a day-to-day basis will be partnering with Asia Pacific Distribution and Marketing management teams.
Whilst the role sits in the global technology division, a strong commercial and business acumen is needed as is the ability to work directly with our Distribution & Marketing business development teams to create a regionally focused digital strategy and underlying platform that provides the desired customer experience and client services capability and supports the business in harnessing opportunities brought about by digital technology.
Schroders aims to be a leading asset manager in the use of digital and you will be operating in markets where the innovative use of technology, appropriately applied to business channels, is vital. The role requires partnering with Asia Pacific marketing team to support them in developing web, social media and precision marketing strategies targeted at improving Schroders' sales impact, creating efficient online service models and boosting our online brand. Key Responsibilities: General
- Day to day line management of the Asia Pacific Digital, Distribution & Marketing technology team.
- Support Distribution and Marketing to establish new digital routes to market.
- Distribution responsibilities include Sales/CRM, Client Insights Unit & Client Service.
- Marketing includes Events Platform, Pardot & Preference Centre/Client Personalization.
- Day to day line management of the Conversational experience tools such are Schroder Go (client facing Chabot) and associated pipeline of changes
- Ensure effective communications across Digital, Distribution, and Marketing IT staff throughout Asia Pacific and into the Global IT operating model.
- Provide input and direction to Digital, Distribution, and Marketing global IT strategy
- Work closely with the business owners to ensure the Asia Pacific requirements for the respective regional business functions are fully represented and integrated into global or regional products.
- Support innovation practice to seamlessly bring digital transformation initiatives into delivery and achieve outcomes set by the business.
- Collate all relevant business requirements, business outcomes and articulate rationale for regional spend against global business domain budgets such as Distribution and Marketing.
Programmes and Project Work
- Facilitate IT technology resourcing on all active programmes, projects and initiatives driven globally, within region or being handled locally to address business demands.
- Management and liaison with Asia Pacific technology vendors and or business service providers as required to fulfil the delivery and operational duties of the role.
Design / Technical Skills
- Own regionally-lead initiatives and drive delivery of IT change from inception to implementation.
- Facilitate global project delivery through local team.
- Manage key regional business stakeholders, support client engagements and co create a Digital client centric approach to business development.
- Have a comprehensive of project SDLC processes, particularly Agile, standards & best practices.
- Understand the Global, Regional, and local technology ecosystem that (potentially) impacts the wider Digital Distribution and Marketing operating model.
- Point of escalation as required to ensure the business needs of Asia Pacific stakeholders are represented.
- Provide regular management department / delivery stream updates (business and IT) on progress.
IT Risk Management
- Track record/experience of using Content Management System/Marketing Automation and CRM platforms (performing platform configuration changes)
- Mobile application delivery
- An engineering and architecture background in web technologies, techniques, and solutions
- Understands how modern digital technology & data science can be applied to create business value.
- Software As a Service based Apps: Subscription based Apps that can be used directly by clients on their own computers or phones.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Promote awareness and understanding of and adherence to GTC governance/standards, including Information Security engagement, policies, and controls across the co-created citizen-based development model.
- Ensure that all APAC Digital products, whether developed in business, with internal technology resources, external parties or a hybrid thereof follow the GT lifecycles of IS engagement, Architecture Review and IT Service Integration by working with the product owners of said products and guiding them through the GT stage-gates.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications preferred
- At least 7 years of digital strategy, enablement, innovation, and client insight experience
- Experience in providing input and direction on digital strategies and technical concepts on distribution and marketing
- A good understanding of business strategy and operating context of functions across asset management, wealth management, investment management and intermediary client relationships
- Excellent stakeholder management to support internal (including at a senior executive level) and external (including at founder/CEO level) relationships.
- Ability to produce and communicate effective and insightful thought leadership
- Knowledge and experience of identifying appropriate technology solutions, understanding the difference between in-house-developed bespoke applications and commercially available off-the-shelf solutions.
What you will be like
- Experience working with start-ups, either within a corporate or start up setting. Ideally has an existing network within the innovation ecosystem.
- Fluency in Mandarin desirable as this role will require a high level of interaction with Chinese firms and our growing Chinese business interests that will be serviced out of APAC.
- Self-directed and comfortable operating with a degree of ambiguity
- Capable of remaining positive when under pressure.
- Highly collaborative and consultative approach
- Personable, enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Mindful of differences across geographies / cultures and the need to adapt business approach and strategy accordingly.
- Strategic mindset and ability to distil and collate information from various sources to a cohesive output.
- Comfortable facilitating and communicating using both business and technology terms.
- Shows initiative and thrives in a fast-paced and time
(Job ID: SIN01459)