Asia Risk Audit
- Singapur, Singapore
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 16 Jan 18 2018-01-16
Asia Risk Audit
Job Title: BIA Asia Risk
The role holder will be a member of the Asia Risk team within the Barclays Internal Audit (BIA). The BIA Asia Risk team is responsible for providing audit coverage for Asia BI risk management and global risk production for BI, as well as provide support to global risk management audits for risk activities right-shored to India.
The role holder, reporting to the Head of BIA Asia Risk, will be responsible for all aspects of the review and challenge of risk related controls, and delivery of an audit plan ensuring it is completed according to BIA methodology and achieves high quality standards. The role holder will be working collaboratively within BIA to develop strong client relationships which are independent and seen as a respected voice.
The incumbent shall be responsible for collaborating and supporting the Head of BIA Asia Risk to define the appropriate coverage strategy and audit plan for Asia BI risk management and global risk production for BI, taking into consideration the Audit Risk Appetite, the current and expected business environment, the regulatory requirements and the resourcing levels within the Function.
- Manage audit work to ensure that relevant risks and controls have been identified and appropriately assessed.
- Review and complete processes and documentation of scoping, risk & control identification, control evaluation and observations in BIA audit toolkit.
- Write high quality observations and audit reports (with input from the audit team).
- Manage audit teams (when assigned the responsibility) where on a day to day basis, working to ensure that audits progress as planned, as regards scope, budget and timetable.
- Be a key extended member of the BIA Global Risk Management team to support coverage of risk activities right-shored to India.
- Lead discussions with clients regarding audit observations, consulting with the Head of BIA Asia Risk where necessary.
- Build independent and respected relationships with clients on each audit and develop on-going relationships with key clients in aligned business area and work towards strategic goals.
- Mentor, coach and provide constructive feedbacks to team members for audit assignments and support the Head of BIA Asia Risk in the development and assessment of AVPs.
- Qualification in quantitative discipline (e.g. CFA, FRM, CA, CIA).
Strong knowledge, proven working experience of global risk production processes, market, credit and operational risk activities, Corporate/Investment Banking products and processes either in the second or third line.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate effectively to senior technical specialists (Risk Managers, Treasurers etc.) and senior non-technical individuals.
- Strong understanding of the evolving regulatory environment (e.g. Capital Requirements Regulation, Basel I/II/III, Stress Testing / CCAR, IFRS 9) and its challenges.
- Proven track record of senior stakeholder management.
- Proven ability to deliver timely high quality analytical work in a relatively unsupervised environment.
- Strong risk and control understanding, financial services experience and familiar with investment bank operations.
- Displays willingness and initiative to learn and share knowledge.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.