Associate DC Engineer #TeSA
The Associate Engineer has these responsbilities: Data Centre Operations Management
DC Facilities Management
- Support DC Operations by performing either Shift or Office hours depending on the operational requirements and arrangement.
- The staff is expected to be working independently.
- Perform Incident escalation (Ensure incidents are responded and attended to, else redirect for 2nd/3rd level resolution base on criticality, impact and SLA).
- Perform Request Fulfillment to register customer requests.
- Operate Electronic Visitation Management System (Update Authorizer and customer access request accurately and promptly).
- Perform access clearance for customers/visitors/Contractors.
- Generate daily/weekly/monthly/yearly/ad-hoc reports when required.
- Remote Hand Support (Media Management, Visual Inspection, Reboot devices, staging room, Physical connect/disconnect of HDD, network cable connectivity test, insertion of fibre SFP).
- Manage equipment movement in Data Centre.
- Ability to conduct asset tagging, labeling and tracking.
- Participate and support both the internal and external audit.
- Ensure tasks in Ops daily checklist are being carried out in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all physical security access cards available in the Data Centre.
- Perform Event Monitoring for all Data Centre Facilities infrastructure to ensure Data Centre is in normal function (eg. UPS, power, temperature control, humidity, water detection sensor, etc.).
- Ensure all DC supporting infrastructure (i.e. Environment Monitoring System (EMS), Access Control Systems, Electronic Visitation Management System.etc) are functioning well.
- Update and maintain all DC related documentation.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders to fix the technical issues on time to provide timely support to customers.
- Coordinate preventive maintenance for DC electrical and mechanical systems with vendors.
- Coordinate maintenance and shutdowns.
- Good understanding of the DC electrical and mechanical systems including: Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Switchgear, UPS systems, ATS/STS units, electrical power bus, Chillers, Air handling units and CRAC units. Have the ability to read MEP (Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing) schematics
. Service Improvement
- Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within; recommend prioritized enhancements and oversee implementation.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis on Incident.
- Manage Incident and Closure.
- Manage and mitigate escalations of high impact system failures and assist in tracking the incidents till closure
- Raise Change Request for Change Management approval.
- Raise notification request to customer for HT/LT and other forms of servicing maintenance.
- Communicate with both internal and external customer via voice or email.
- Undertand Customer's contractual Service Level Agreements and ensure they are met.
- Lead and oversee a team, maintain discipline and is responsible for team members within the shift.
- Participate in simple project innovation initiatives.
- Handle Tech Refresh related Projects
The ideal candidate should possess:
- GCE "O" Level or ITE in Engineering/IT or Diploma in Engineering/IT at recognized IT Training schools
- 4-6 years of Data Center Operations
- Working experience in Data Centre Facilities and Operations Support
- Basic Certificate of Infocomm Technology
- ITIL Foundation Level Certification
- Understanding ISO27001
- Work well as a team or individually
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Positive attitude
- Good Communication Skills (both verbal & written)
- Analytical with good problem solving skills
- Well organized and able to reschedule priorities as circumstances change
- Self- motivated
- Proactive and able to act on own initiative
- Understanding of Data Centre Operations Best Practice