Associate Director,FM Compliance Surv. Analytics
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate Strategy
- Responsible for operating various detective monitoring controls under second line compliance function, which are designed to detect potential instances of market abuse or other forms of market misconduct, through orders, quotes and trades, and Private Banking suitability monitoring
- Awareness and understanding the various market abuse regulations globally in which the Group operates
- Understanding the Group's business strategy as well as Compliance mandate in supporting the business
- Understanding booking practices and models to implement and refine analytics in the department
- Lead parameterization and calibration of existing scenario thresholds through analysis of alerts data, underlying orders, quotes and trades data pattern, feedback from internal and external stakeholders, interpreting management information, overlay with understanding of financial markets, products and business model.
- Apply various statistical methodologies in analysis of data for various parameters to obtain desired threshold setting outcome, to enhance quality of alerts generation
- Lead regulatory discussions
- On-going maintenance of parameters mapping and reference data module essential for alert generation
- Participate in the scenario logics reviews, enhancements and lead the engagements with stakeholders for implementation and operationalization
- Participate in various technology projects and involvements in requirements specifications, prioritization, UAT, regression testing, etc.
- Pro-active identification of risks and concerns, including escalation to all relevant stakeholders
- Timely mitigation and resolution of risks and issues, establishments of effective controls, in collaboration with all relevant stakeholders
- Identify key issues of the workstreams assigned and work towards resolving, if not escalating where required
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure risks are comprehensively identified, assessed and managed.
- Support all control checks approved by Operational Risk Framework (ORF) & be accountable for identification and escalation of potential risks and issues to senior management through appropriate governance channels and the Quality Assurance framework
- Comply with and adhere to relevant risk management policies
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, internal risk and compliance policies and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Other teams within Compliance Surveillance: Monitoring, Controls, Data Quality and Projects
- Other functions within the wider Compliance function eg. Advisory, Assurance
- Business/ Front Office
- Support the delivery of key priorities and initiatives aligned to the Surveillance Compliance scorecard
- Keeping people advised about important developments that may affect them and how they work.
- Continually raising the bar on standards of performance.
- Taking ownership of issues and be willing to work across organizational boundaries and structures i.e. horizontally and vertically.
- Taking a bigger picture view - what delivers the best overall benefit for the team or the Bank.
- Identifying ways in which development can be achieved with higher quality and lower effort.
- Should have 5+ years of experience
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.